w00t! Another new error... wait, that isn't good...

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Doombreed-x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

w00t! Another new error... wait, that isn't good...

Post by Doombreed-x » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:40 am

Expression: ptAsyncData

Happened during a fight with baal, he shot the blue wave at me, and just as it would hit me I got this error. I don't recall changing baal or any of his skills at all, and this is the first time I've ever seen the error. Ideas?

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Re: w00t! Another new error... wait, that isn't good...

Post by Brother Laz » Wed May 25, 2011 9:01 am

Bumping this because my people have the exact same problem and can't find any solution, neither on this forum nor elsewhere.

Well actually because we're using a more recent D2 version it looks like this:

It happens when a monster or player casts a certain skill. The framecount in missiles.txt for each of the skill animations is correct and the animations are default D2 anims.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Pangaea
Paladin

Post by Pangaea » Wed May 25, 2011 2:56 pm

Maybe something for CE.
Lot of work, since you have to hangle from that position back to the position, where
the wrong value is made. But not impossible.
I'm working with v1.13c

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Wed May 25, 2011 3:36 pm

line 630 can be cause by any asynchronously loaded files, thats both gfx and sfx.
you'd need to check your log file for warnings (if any still exist in 1.13), the error will be as a result of a missing file. the stack dump would tell me more.

Also, please don't ressurect such old posts, just create a new topic with a link back to this one
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

mirecek
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Arch-Angel

Post by mirecek » Wed May 25, 2011 5:03 pm

Necrolis" wrote:don't ressurect such old posts, just create a new topic with a link back to this one
Mind if I ask why? Is it problem with database or what?
That topic was empty and they both share(d) the same problem. And, it seems that he replied to 0-replies topic. O_O

Why make two topics with same problem linking to each other, when it can be solved in single topic.
"Each of those few chords separated by complete silence feels like a knife wound to the heart"

There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery. Draconian

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Wed May 25, 2011 5:41 pm

mirecek" wrote:
Necrolis" wrote:don't ressurect such old posts, just create a new topic with a link back to this one
Mind if I ask why? Is it problem with database or what?
That topic was empty and they both share(d) the same problem. And, it seems that he replied to 0-replies topic. O_O

Why make two topics with same problem linking to each other, when it can be solved in single topic.
It's a standard we have since long time.

It make actually chances you get help yourself easier. then the reply is down in a threat (not in this case, but in general). If subject is any of value to the actual topic, it's no problem necro it. Something's like that make it easier then someone search for a problem. But, no solution is no help for either old old topic or new issue.

Ignaitus
Champion of the Light

Post by Ignaitus » Wed May 25, 2011 8:13 pm

If the centaurs have any spells, try casting them yourself and make sure they work. If the do, try spawning the centaurs "naked" with no spells and see if there general animation is working.

Doombreed-x
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Doombreed-x » Fri May 27, 2011 7:16 pm

If I'm recalling this correctly, my problem was that one of his other skills (not the blue wave, that just happened to be up when the error occurred) shot through the walls of his map and past the area boundary, and this happened because I had made changes to his map. Still not sure exactly why, because the map changes I made were rather small, but reversing them fixed it.

I don't think this really helps you any, though you could check that the walls of the area won't let missiles through. It's more likely what necrolis posted though.

Return to “General Mod Making”