Help me with diablo2 classic item names.

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

No votes

Total votes: 0

achiles

Help me with diablo2 classic item names.

Post by achiles » Tue May 30, 2006 12:52 am

I need to know if its possible and if how to do for make the background of items name in another color tant the translucent background...
Thx :)

Anson
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Help me with diablo2 classic item names.

Post by Anson » Tue May 30, 2006 4:06 am

Just give them another colour than black in the image editor. A colour value of 0x000000 (RGB 0,0,0) will be invisible only. Every other value will result in a specific colour.

Char
Retired staff
Principality

Post by Char » Tue May 30, 2006 7:38 am

well, but that applies for the item graphics only, no? if you want to change the text itself, you would have to find the text graphics and change them.... which could be rather not-so-funny, especially cause that font is probably used at different places.
my guess is that you either cannot, or that it will be hard and have side effects. you can change the color of the text itself though (whats the "background" of the text btw? just the rest of an imaginary box you define around the text?)

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Tue May 30, 2006 9:31 am

Just give them another colour than black in the image editor. A colour value of 0x000000 (RGB 0,0,0) will be invisible only. Every other value will result in a specific colour.
Not exactly, palette index 0 is currently used for transparency because that index is being specified as transparent (for example in DC6CON -transcol 0), If you want to use no transparency just don't use transcol command param, likewise, if you want to use another palette index for transparency you can just use -transcol <palette index>.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

achiles

Post by achiles » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:42 am

actually, what i need to set the translucent color (background of items names on ground) in green.

files to download and where in the .txt or dc6 files b/c im a beginner :s

thx for your help ;)

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:32 am

iles to download and where in the .txt or dc6 files b/c im a beginner :s
Read the beginners guide to mod making then.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)

achiles

Post by achiles » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:36 pm

ok, I read a little.

I think what I want is on d2data.mpq right?

now I am on mpq editor and dont know where is the "dc6con -transcolor 0" you talk :s

need a some help :(

Grayloch
Paladin

Post by Grayloch » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:10 am

achiles";p="273152" wrote:now I am on mpq editor and dont know where is the "dc6con -transcolor 0" you talk :s
An mpq editor has nothing to do with graphics manipulation. It is simply a utility to look at, extract, and add files to an mpq archive.

DC6Con is a utility to convert graphics files between .dc6 and .pcx format. It can be found here.

And if you're going to get serious about modding, I would recommend you read more than "a little." Read the Beginner's Guide thoroughly, try the exercises yourself, and understand what you're doing before you continue. Also read the various tutorials which can be found in a sticky at the top of the General Mod Making forum. There's a wealth of information on these forums, and I find that most of the questions I encounter have already been answered somewhere.

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Post by Nefarius » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:17 am

I find that most of the questions I encounter have already been answered somewhere.
That accounts for about 80 percent of what is being asked at present.

Return to “General Mod Making”