demonhole/demonspawner/evilhole/evilhut/minionspawner

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

No votes

Total votes: 0

TekRock
Forum Regular
Angel

demonhole/demonspawner/evilhole/evilhut/minionspawner

Post by TekRock » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am

is the only way to spawn these through .ds1s? i tried to populate the Blood Moor with them through levels.txt but skeletons were all that showed up... also do they all work properly before i go through messing with a bunch of broken tokens or whatever...
Thanks

Tek

librarian
Champion of the Light

Re: demonhole/demonspawner/evilhole/evilhut/minionspawner

Post by librarian » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:13 am

Heiho,

check rarity column in MonStats. If this is zero you will only get Skeletons (=1st entry from MonStats) instead of desired folks.
We've tested Minionspawner and Evilhole to an extend via Levels.txt spawning, so there is some error on your side ;-)

Evilhole only works with fallen1, the only way we could make something out of it was changing the fallen1 unit (which also changes units spawned by *.ds1, ie in some cottages).
Minionspawner works with every unit (sadly it is of no use replacing Minionspawner graphics with the - actually nice - Evilhole Graphics, it won't work :-P )

For other limitations on that units check Nefarius' AI Compendium.
so long ...
librarian

current status: (re-)tired
vanilla FAQtoids

TekRock
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by TekRock » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:07 am

why cant i target the evilhole and demonspawners? isnt there a somewhere that enables targetable or not?

Edit: so i guess the evilhole just spits out 3 fallens and dies on it own. but the demonspawner and minionspawner seem to die if hit but thier names arent displayed and cant be targeted it seems. is this correct?
Last edited by TekRock on Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

librarian
Champion of the Light

Post by librarian » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:26 am

Heiho,

targetting issues are commonly buried in MonStats2.
But EvilHole won't work that well, you'll have to wait for Nefarius to step in for a code editing solution here; IIRC he mentioned he got them to work properly.
I don't remember by heart, DemonSpawner is a variety of MinionSpawner or EvilHole? MinionSpawner can be targetted if MonStats2 entries are set.
so long ...
librarian

vanilla FAQtoids

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:55 am

nef had a tutorial on spawning creatures im this method. it was for 1.09x but should still works-it was called the demon portal spawner or something similar......(should be under the 1.09x tutorials section)
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

TekRock
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by TekRock » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:21 am

i think ive got a handle on them. im just having 1 more question. ibe been trying to give the minion & demon spawners properties through monprop.txt. no problem giving an aura to them. and i have no clue if the cast2 and res-all actually work or not but whatever. what im curious is ive been trying to give them death-skill and gethit-skill that really havent worked at all. so my question is can those types of units not accept properties besides auras or is there some place maybe in monstats.txt or monstats2.txt that enables those types of properties?
and thanks for the help. ive been wanting to mess with the monster spawners but today was the first time i got to it...

librarian
Champion of the Light

Post by librarian » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:41 am

Heiho,

death-skill and gethit-skill don't work properly on units without GetHit mode, we had the same problem with Golems a while ago.
so long ...
librarian

vanilla FAQtoids

TekRock
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by TekRock » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:52 am

D'OH! 8-O ok thanks. thats makes sense. oh well thats life...

ascar
France

Post by ascar » Mon May 02, 2022 1:13 am

Hello

I tried all, evilhole only spawn fallen1; demonhole spaws megademon (balrog); minionspawner spaw minion (didnt test for other monsters this one)

Return to “General Mod Making”