Problem with SkillDesc (It seems)

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

xpiiz1
Banned
Champion of the Light

Problem with SkillDesc (It seems)

Post by xpiiz1 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:48 pm

First look at this:

What do you see?
When the Skill is level 0 it says only:
First Level
To Attack Rating 20%
Damage 250%

^ It also must display the Run/Walk bonus.
It's displayed just when you got the skill at level 1.

But this is not the only problem the information about next level Run/Walk speed is not correct.
But when you click again, so your skill is level 2 the Run/Walk bonus is updated, but it's still not correct for level 3.

There's what I got in SkillDesc

What's I'm doing wrong?
Thanks ;]
The World's no more the common place we know!
Unholy Powers seek the weaknesses of our mortal souls!

GriffonSpade

Re: Problem with SkillDesc (It seems)

Post by GriffonSpade » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:48 pm

I do not believe it displays blvl equations properly for the next rank. So when you add your self-synergy to the damage it won't show the proper amount either.
(I'm assuming strskill89 is the faster run/walk string, strskill4 is damage, and strskill10 is attack rating)
Also, I believe you mean Bloody Mary as the skill name, as merry(as in merry christmas) means happy ;)

cotss2012

Re: Problem with SkillDesc (It seems)

Post by cotss2012 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:56 pm

You need commas after the words "accuracy", "speed", and "damage".

"Physical point invested" is redundant (they're best referred to as "invested points" or "hard points"), especially when dealing with synergies (+skill items don't count toward synergies, so there's no need to specify that the skill only gains synergies from invested points). The most proper way to format it would probably be as "Bloody Merry: +20% damage per level". Of course, this is all assuming that Bloody Merry is not actually receiving synergies from a skill titled "Physical Point Invested". If your mod has such a skill, please disregard this post.

I'm not sure what your intentions were with regard to the merry/Mary discrepancy, but if it wasn't a deliberate pun, then it should probably be corrected.

As for the glitch that you're experiencing, you should probably take it to the Skill Clinic.

Return to “General Mod Making”