Need guidance on creating expanded inventory/cube/stash

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

mjohnson66

Need guidance on creating expanded inventory/cube/stash

Post by mjohnson66 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:46 am

Attn: Moderator
If this post is better suited to another forum, please advise.

I have been playing Diablo 2 since it came out but have only recently begun experimenting with modding. After reading a few mod tutorials found online, I have done some simple text file modifications (items, runewords, uniques, vendors). I have played several mods that have incorporated the PlugY expanded/shared stash and I am beginning a new mod for my own use, starting with PlugY 9.00.

My current question is about creating an expanded inventory/cube. I know there is modification needed to the inventory file and that new dc6 image files must also be incorporated. What I need is guidance on how to go about making the changes. I have made 1 attempt already but the available spaces were unchanged and the screen images for the inventory, cube and character equipment slots were distorted/overlapping.

Is there anyone who can point me to a tutorial or other step-by-step guide? Or is there an expanded inventory/cube plugin already available that will be compatible with PlugY 9.00? I have read through many posts in these forums but none seem to provide enough detail for a novice mod maker.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide!
There is no good and evil. There is only power, and those too weak to seek it...Voldemort

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: Need guidance on creating expanded inventory/cube/stash

Post by Necrolis » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:19 am

There is s tutorial on this in the knowledge base under 1.09x tutorials. You can also try EmaStergem tool it the tools forum
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:21 pm

You also can find multiple expanded inventory plugins on the file center of the phrozenkeep.

sir7681

Post by sir7681 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:16 am

I'm having trouble finding any kinda tutorial on anything except on editing the text(and that's actually more of a guide on terms/field definitions), if there's more to it, as he said there was in the first post, I haven't been able to find any info on it. the pre-made files aren't much help to me, because I'm trying to apply it to LoD 1.13 and haven't found any for this patch, plus I'd like to know the details on how to do it, so I can at least have some idea how to mod future patches. if someone has that tutorial, or can give me some direction, I'd really appreciate it. I'd just like to know more of what's involved before I attempt it so I'm not stumbling around in the dark.

thanks,

Sir

inferno-hero
Champion of the Light

Post by inferno-hero » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:07 pm

the plugins say 1.09, 1.10 because thats when they were made, and were no version higher,. it will still work for 1.13 as all it is, is a text file and a new graphic.
Necrolis wrote: Wtf this needs no code.
WTF you n00bs!!!
Short Answer: NO
The Forgotten: In The Making
The Forgotten
Read the TERMS OF SERVICE before posting!!!

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:28 pm

hello,

here is the link EmaStergam created, specially for making custom inventory setups

this tool allows you to resize and re-position the equipment and inventory slots

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56724

i believe, this file also includes some helpful tutorials along with it...

now, for the background itself... you could extract the inventory gfx from

data\global\ui\panel\invchar.dc6

use cv52 (a d2 gfx extracting tool) to extract the images

i use dc6 creator (another highly effecient tool for extracting / creating dc6 files)
to repack my dc6 files

good luck

:P
" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "

~Mark Twain

sir7681

Post by sir7681 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:04 am

the d2inventory tool is very helpful, and combined with d2excel, I'm learning and putting things together pretty well, and I've got the dc6 files loaded, now I just have to figure out how to make my item images match the grid size so it doesn't look like a jumbled mess. thanks for all the help. :)

sir7681

Post by sir7681 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:03 pm

after looking around, I know I can unpack the images, resize them and repack them, but I'm thinking with so many people expanding their inventory space, and especially with the tutorial and the package used in the tutorial being set at 16px grid size, there has to be a set of images out there already resized to that size. Does anybody know where I can find a full set of images in that size?

Sir

Lurix
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Bulgaria

Post by Lurix » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:42 pm

Don't double post. Edit your post to bump the topic.
You can look at the modding resources and especially to Inventharia you could find what you need there.
Unless use any image redactor to make the edits yourself.

sir7681

Post by sir7681 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:11 pm

it's not really a double post, is it? I didn't post the same thing again, I said thank you. Then, later, I had a different question on the same topic, and I posted that too. Would it have mattered if someone had posted "you're welcome" between? I'm not trying to be rude or obnoxious, I just feel like this is probably something I should know before I continue here, to keep myself out of trouble.

Sir

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:23 pm

yeh, double posting is posting consecutive messages, editing the post makes the topic appear unread to everyone so folks will still know you have added something.

If someone posted something inbetween and you edit your previous message then it wont show up as unread so you have to make a new post after a reply.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as "A bad move".
Douglas Adams

Return to “General Mod Making”