Lightning/nova sub missile

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Kiahdaj
Champion of the Light

Lightning/nova sub missile

Post by Kiahdaj » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:02 am

I wanted to make a piercing skill like lightning have a hitsubmissile of nova. I tried that, and it didn't work...
I'm not sure why, but that's what you guys are here for :)
To help a dumb guy out.
Anyway, if piercing missiles don't work with hitsubmissiles, my other alternative would have been non piercing lightning, with 2 hitsubmissiles, lightning again, and nova. Would that work?
Another problem with that is that it wouldn't run out of range ever, as long as it keeps hitting something... Also, would the lightning continue in the same direction?

Thanks

Wopsh

Re: Lightning/nova sub missile

Post by Wopsh » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:16 am

I think the problem is that novas are not individual missiles but LOTS of em sent out by the skill. IIRC frost orb's functions can do what you want and not much else (few missiles can spawn a nova of other missiles and no one missile is a nova). Look in the missiles guide in the skill clinic subforum.

Kiahdaj
Champion of the Light

Post by Kiahdaj » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:22 am

Thanks, I forgot about the whole nova submissile thing.
Now, the only problem is that the novas don't actually do any damage.
I have the nova's missiles.txt skill column set to the skill, but it still does no damage.
Any ideas?

Dew

Post by Dew » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:34 am

Try using these hit functions to spawn the nova pCltHitFunc 4 pSrvHitFuncServerHit 5
they use HitMissile1 and CltHitMissile1 to spawn the nova like frozen orb and set ClientHitPar1 and SrvHitPar1 to 2 that should give you a nice looking nova. I find these work better than frozen orbs functions and i havent had any issues with them.
Mod Progress= Dead
Currently working on releasing new animations
Updates Found Here

Return to “General Mod Making”