Help with recolor missles Please!!!!

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

TaLKaTiVe

Help with recolor missles Please!!!!

Post by TaLKaTiVe » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:16 am

Alright guys im needing much needed help here. Im trying to recolor missles and i ahve scanned through every read-me, tutorial, topic on this website. For example i want to turn my blessedhammer.dcc from brown to green. Ive used six dice with hue adjustment and every time i enter game n spam hammers it automatically errors. When i use cv 5.2 with add-on 3.0.... i cant seem to figure it out really but i can take the original blessedhammer.dcc file from my data folder. Open it with cv 5.2 and save it as a dcc again with no editing done to it was so ever and put in missles folder and it errors the same as if i had edited it. I do not know what the problem is. ITs driving me nuts. Please someone help me! All i want to do is turn these damn things green!

inferno-hero
Champion of the Light

Re: Help with recolor missles Please!!!!

Post by inferno-hero » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:23 am

Please do not create the same topic in three different areas. You asked the same question word for word in TOOLS, and also in MULTIMEDIA.

Re-read this.
We here on the PhrozenKeep take the rules very seriously.
Terms of Service" wrote:XII) Repeatedly posting the same message in a forum or across multiple forums is considered spamming. If you accidentally post your message more than once, please utilize the forum features available to you to delete your post. To do this, click on the EDIT button above your post, to the right of the quote button. Then at the next screen check "delete this post" and press submit.
Necrolis wrote: Wtf this needs no code.
WTF you n00bs!!!
Short Answer: NO
The Forgotten: In The Making
The Forgotten
Read the TERMS OF SERVICE before posting!!!

Lurix
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light
Bulgaria

Post by Lurix » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:41 am

Both programs you use are lil bit buggy.
The best you can do is recoller them by hand using program like Photoshop, but this sometimes takes more than ages.
So here's what I do:
First you open the Missiles with CV52 and recolor it.Than you save it.
After that open the recolered Missile with dcxtool and resave it.

This is working fine for me..

TaLKaTiVe

Post by TaLKaTiVe » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 am

Sorry for multiple post didnt think this forum was remotely active anymore. Thank you for the fast response. But when you open the files with cv 5.2 i noticed theres two save options to save the file as a gif. you can choose to save the file as one with 6 frames inside the 1 .gif file. and you can save each frame and have 6 seperate frames to edit. Which do way do you extract the files to .gif to edit. i use paint shop 6 and i have gift movie gear to edit gif images. thanks for your help and insite!

p.s. also i noticed when i saved blessedhammer.dcc with cv 5.2 to a gif. edit. then try to recreate the dcc file. it wont let me edit the offsets in the save options. but ima try that dcxtool

TaLKaTiVe

Post by TaLKaTiVe » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:09 pm

got it to work perfect. Found super easy way. Takes me about 30 seconds to recolor any missle or any dcc document. I need help finding holy shield edit so i can change color of it. Anyone know? ive searched everywhere

Specktro
Brazil

Post by Specktro » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:44 pm

TaLKaTiVe wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:09 pm
got it to work perfect. Found super easy way. Takes me about 30 seconds to recolor any missle or any dcc document. I need help finding holy shield edit so i can change color of it. Anyone know? ive searched everywhere
Usualy when you ask about something and you find out the answer, is nice to post the solution here, so when anyone else end with the same question, theres already an answer...

Whats this Super Easy Way you found?
Be Xtreme!

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:58 pm

Specktro wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:44 pm
Usualy when you ask about something and you find out the answer, is nice to post the solution here, so when anyone else end with the same question, theres already an answer...

Whats this Super Easy Way you found?
This was 7 years ago, I doubt they're still active anymore.
To attempt to assume his "super easy" color changing method. I can suggest using sixdice to recolor, but then saving the new file with cv52 to prevent corruption.
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

Return to “General Mod Making”