redoing a simple monster mod i made

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

redoing a simple monster mod i made

Post by Hells_Lord » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:08 am

not completely sure where to post this >.>

running expansion 1.13d or w/e the latest version is

so i made a simple cows everywhere mod and now im trying to make it more powerful...

so far ive gave them random immunities thx to whist's random immunities aura changed their hp exp and attack damage

just wondering what else i could do (and how) to the cows to make them even more powerful than they already are

thanks for any help given ^^
Last edited by Hells_Lord on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

Drac0
Retired staff
Angel
Australia

Re: redoing a simple monster mod i made

Post by Drac0 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:46 am

One of the biggest changes you can make, even without changing anything else, is speed. Both movement & attack speed make a big difference & can make the simplest monster a real problem to deal with. Maybe a little faster life regen as well.

Cheers.

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Hells_Lord » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:52 am

didnt think of speed not too sure how to do attack speed but they already have 75% regen at 10k hp XD
Last edited by Hells_Lord on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

Drac0
Retired staff
Angel
Australia

Post by Drac0 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:29 am

Hells_Lord" wrote:didnt think of speed not too sure how to do attack speed but they already have 75% regen at 10k hp XD
Use MonProp.txt & create a property using swing1 or swing2. Then just put the name of the newly created property in the MonProp column in MonStats.txt.

Cheers

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Hells_Lord » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:13 pm

sadly they already have a monprop which is the random immunities aura
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

Drac0
Retired staff
Angel
Australia

Post by Drac0 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Hells_Lord" wrote:sadly they already have a monprop which is the random immunities aura
I haven't looked at whist's random immunities, does it use all 6 prop columns available in MonProp???

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Hells_Lord » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:14 pm

only uses 1 column :D
so ill work on attack speed increase now

---Edit---

one problem i dont know anything about swing properties lol
Last edited by Hells_Lord on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

kidpaddle94
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Post by kidpaddle94 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Just, on a side note, that is not my aura. Many mods use such random immunities aura, and I was not the first to make one. All I did was creating a tutorial on how to do it.

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Hells_Lord » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:49 pm

didnt know that just figured you made it being as talented as you are thx for the tutorial though ^^
Last edited by Hells_Lord on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

Drac0
Retired staff
Angel
Australia

Post by Drac0 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:36 pm

Hells_Lord" wrote:only uses 1 column :D
so ill work on attack speed increase now

---Edit---

one problem i dont know anything about swing properties lol
It works exactly the same as the swing (IAS) on items. What you need to do is put in the following in MonProp:

Code: Select all

prop2:    swing1
chance2:  leave blank
par2:     leave blank
min2:     15
max2:     15
This will give them 15% IAS. Don't forget to put it in NM & Hell columns as well. You can also set them to being faster in the harder difficulties by doing something like swing2 25/25 & swing3 40/40 to give then 25% & 40% in NM & Hell respectfully.

Cheers

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Hells_Lord » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:37 pm

figured it out by looking at the items actually :D and now they have pretty much exactly that plus another hp regen boost lol

basically only 1 way to kill them now but others will have to figure that out ;)

----EDIT----

well found 2 ways but only want 1 way so... how do i get curse immune or something of that nature so weaken amp dmg and stuff of that nature dont work?
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Hells_Lord » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:30 pm

well couldnt figure that last post out but i have a new question lol

im wanting to make either a monster that will revive the dead cows quickly or have a auto revive feature

any tips?
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

Eimernase
Paladin

Post by Eimernase » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:11 am

look in monstats for "unraveler" (the greater mummy from act2 tombs), his AI can do that.

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Hells_Lord » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:22 am

so what do i edit on him to make him revive cows (after of course copying him to bottom and changing what i normally do)?

---edit---

lol figured out to make them auto revive but that was way too laggy after about 10 revives of a mob need to figure out how to revive corpse picture

also made a version where they are supposed to get harder on each act but that seems a bit buggy the random immune isnt working as accurately when they are ninja cows sadly

oh and found out immortal cows made into ninja immortal cows are extremely laggy and normal immortal cows are very laggy as well but keeping in mod i made just basically for a place holder till i make even stronger cows than act 4

if you have any ideas on how to fix the random immune to make it work how i want that would be great atm its act 2 rand(0,200) act3 rand(0,300) act4 rand(0,400) all on version of cows so every1 can have a challenge hopefully
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

MarcoNecroX
Paladin

Post by MarcoNecroX » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:06 am

First tip I can give, judging by what I read here, is to try to understand what you're doing and not just copy&paste stuff from tutorials... Don't expect people to give you step by step instructions, most stuff from TXT files are very easy to guess.

To make a monster tougher there are a bunch of possibilities. You can give them procs, can be on attack, when damaged, on death, etc.

You can manipulate monstats2 and make them invisible at some parts (invisible means also untargetable) like when walking.

If you want to increase their speed you should also an appropiate AI or it will make no difference. You can also make them faster by increasing the animrate on Animdata.d2.

One of my favorites also most original ones is creating your own Monster Sequences (monseq), you can for example make a monster use a skill 5 times in a second, but with low chance for it to happens. It just simulates a special behavior, and you can make cool stuff about it.

For creating a resurrector monster the most obvious thing is to look at FallenShaman AI - in this case you would need to make a resurrector cow, make sure you give it minions, and SetBoss to 1, as well as the resurrection skill. You can tweak how fast it will resurrect to avoid lags.

Only thing that you need to take care in resurrection is the resurrection mode, otherwise when they get resurrected they will be walking corpses for less than a second before they get really resurrected (it looks bad) . My special trick here is to make an inverted DT (dying sequence) and giving it to the monster in monstats2. That is fairly simple, just open the DT animation and invert the order of frames, remember to invert the offsets too.

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Hells_Lord » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:36 am

and that didnt make sense to me some did then you lost me basically already have the mod finished higher speed attack rate hp regen random immune complete invis w/o editing monstats2 (easily done just add state 146 to mon prop on the arua given to them) higher attacking power and some other stuff i cant remember it all but the revive thing just seems stupid now so didnt do it
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

Return to “General Mod Making”