Some Questions - Need help regarding item drop.

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Fogeeno
Paladin

Some Questions - Need help regarding item drop.

Post by Fogeeno » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:24 am

How do I fix my runeword for javalines? when it get to zero quantity it disappears, it shall not do it.

Many white items of crude, cracked and low quality drops, how can I get the better ones to drop more?

The second question happens with uniques too, how can i make it drop a little more? not to much?

And also about sets, I have changed in the treasureclassex, it does not drop that much, i want sets to drop more.
I have changed this things in the itemratio, but still it does not drop that good.

kingpin
Senior Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Some Questions - Need help regarding item drop.

Post by kingpin » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:00 pm

I'm pretty sure you can change low quality drops in itemration.txt and lower/remove chance it drops.

1024 = 100% chance it drops. So anything below that.

You can transform this to % by use following formula.

each 10.24 is 1% drop chance, so if you want uniques/set have 30% drop chance just do 10.24 * 30 = 307 (now thats alot lower then vanilla drops as they are most 800 = is around 78% drop chance).

Drops is pretty complex and this only roll a chance for unique if you actually drop an item that can be that. Anything higher then 900 you will start see uniques to frequently. If change I would probably raise it to somewhere between 800 to 900. If you haven't changed the settings for this in itemration in that case it's a complete different story.

EDIT:

I find the itemration.txt guide here

It explains the file guide and will hopefully be a help for you to figure it out.

I don't use tcex/itemration file in my mod as I coded a complete new tc. So I'm abit unfamiliar how vanilla drops works as it was long time since I used it.

I noticed low quality doesn't seems to be in there. The only solution in that case is code editing.

Fogeeno
Paladin

Post by Fogeeno » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:56 pm

kingpin" wrote:I'm pretty sure you can change low quality drops in itemration.txt and lower/remove chance it drops.

each 10.24 is 1% drop chance, so if you want uniques/set have 30% drop chance just do 10.24 * 30 = 307 (now thats alot lower then vanilla drops as they are most 800 = is around 78% drop chance).

Drops is pretty complex and this only roll a chance for unique if you actually drop an item that can be that. Anything higher then 900 you will start see uniques to frequently. If change I would probably raise it to somewhere between 800 to 900. If you haven't changed the settings for this in itemration in that case it's a complete different story.

EDIT:

It explains the file guide and will hopefully be a help for you to figure it out.

I don't use tcex/itemration file in my mod as I coded a complete new tc. So I'm abit unfamiliar how vanilla drops works as it was long time since I used it.

I noticed low quality doesn't seems to be in there. The only solution in that case is code editing.

Thanks.

Anyone know regarding the Runeword for Javaline? why they removes when it's 0 in quantity?

JDS
Paladin

Post by JDS » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:33 pm

Is the item removed or only the runes?

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:09 pm

It's for sure the whole item that vanishes. I remember a Mod I player from a german Modder (Chaos Empire mod - nice one btw, you can check it out - also got an english version) - even this guy didnt find a workaround for this problem. The only "solution" that he recommended was to make sure they never run out and have a weapon on switch or in your inventory which you use while the other keeps refilling (or so you dont have to go back to town)
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

Aught
Champion of the Light
Russia

Post by Aught » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:27 pm

:mrgreen: hehe, just make them over 1000 in stack and don't care. Some easy CE

It's already posted for 1.10 and 1.13c

JDS
Paladin

Post by JDS » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:56 pm

Well all throwable items get removed once durability reaches 0, so I was surprised when he said that the runeword disappears.

I recommend doing the code edit. If you don't want that, add an indestructibility modifier to the runeword which afair makes the item not loose durability while attacking.

Fogeeno
Paladin

Post by Fogeeno » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:42 pm

The whole runeword gets removed, so I had a copy of it and that aswell got removed.

Juas
Argentina

Post by Juas » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:54 pm

kingpin wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:00 pm
I'm pretty sure you can change low quality drops in itemration.txt and lower/remove chance it drops.

EDIT:

Hi i am new here, I do my own mods on Heroes Of Might & Magic 3, and now I wanna learn to do so in Diablo 2.
Regarding your comment you say that the drop chance for most uniques is 800, do you mean in the TreasureClassEX.txt? in Unique, Set and Rare is set to 800 and magic to 1024, so are those the numbers that i have to raise so i get more drop chance? I already lowered the numbers in ItemRatio.txt but see no difference

Return to “General Mod Making”