Socketing Questions

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

Socketing Questions

Post by Hells_Lord » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:17 am

Ok so everything i have socketed has worked so far (boots, belts, gloves) but for some reason my Ammo/throwing weapons wont socket. Any help on this would be great. Also can someone direct me into making the socket amount show up on the item name there is a mod that does this but for the life of me i dont remember which one. If any of this require CE just say so and ill leave it be, i am no where advanced enough to even attempt that.

Thanks for any help given,

Hells_Lord

edit

Modding 1.13c files
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

Aught
Champion of the Light
Russia

Re: Socketing Questions

Post by Aught » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:56 pm

afaik for socketing all you need Is to edit are itemtypes.txt and misc/weapons.txt
just edit needed rows in these files

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Hells_Lord » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:26 am

I edited Armor.txt, ItemTypes.txt, Misc.txt, and Weapons.txt but the problem is I cannot find at all the throwing and ammunition type items with sockets in them for some reason. I set hasInv to 1 and set the gem sockets to match the size of the items but i havent found a single one of them to be socketed.

edit

Fixed this had to disable arrows and bolts in Misc.txt add them to Weapons.txt then add auto magics to all the throwing weapons and quivers to enable the sockets
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

arva

Post by arva » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:54 pm

Does this make it possible for a white throwing to become socketed? I've gotten a unique throw to have sockets, but no normal ones (have been looking for them in shops that is)

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Hells_Lord » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:00 pm

arva wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:54 pm
Does this make it possible for a white throwing to become socketed? I've gotten a unique throw to have sockets, but no normal ones (have been looking for them in shops that is)
If I remember correctly it did. 6 years is a long time ago to remember though.
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

Return to “General Mod Making”