assassins finishing move as death skill softcoded possible?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

sonic
Paladin

assassins finishing move as death skill softcoded possible?

Post by sonic » Thu May 22, 2014 12:41 pm

hi guys i have been thinking to softcode the finishing move of the assassin in skills.txt in order to put it on a item that will cast it 100% when the assassin dies.
is it possible to do that in softcode?

TehFisharmahn

Re: assassins finishing move as death skill softcoded possib

Post by TehFisharmahn » Thu May 22, 2014 4:59 pm

Um... isn't it simply like with any other skill on death? Finishing skills are normal skills, actually.

But what do you want it to be precisely? So that when assasin dies her charges go off and, say, when having 3 orbs of rolaystrike it strikes frost bolts nova?

I believe it can be done with tons of dummy skills and weird variables, but that would be too much to be sensible, if you ask me.
"Answers fishing is kinda tough to make the living from."
~Me

I am making a mod, but won't post anything about it here until I have some playable beta as I know myself too much to give any hopes :D

sonic
Paladin

Post by sonic » Fri May 23, 2014 2:57 am

TehFisharmahn" wrote:But what do you want it to be precisely? So that when assassin dies her charges go off and, say, when having 3 orbs of rolaystrike it strikes frost bolts nova?
i would like to use the second charge of phoenix strike (chain lightning) as death skill without having to use the charge up skill
chain lightning.gif
EDIT: i cloned the skill and changed a few things and testing at the moment on " 100% chance to cast on striking" and it needs the charges to be able to use the "srvprgfunc1-3" which i think after testing is responsible for the missiles to go in those curves in different directions.
is there a way around it?
i tried it without those columns and the result was that all the lightning (overlapping) went in a straight line.

TehFisharmahn

Post by TehFisharmahn » Fri May 30, 2014 9:04 pm

So you simply want to cast this chain lightning per death?

Can't you simply add "X % chance to cast Chain Lightning lvl Y per death" as regular?
"Answers fishing is kinda tough to make the living from."
~Me

I am making a mod, but won't post anything about it here until I have some playable beta as I know myself too much to give any hopes :D

Return to “General Mod Making”