Removing item slots from characters and hireling?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

fwwr

Removing item slots from characters and hireling?

Post by fwwr » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:50 am

Long time lurker, real happy to see that the Keep is still (relatively) active, and got some questions. Are there softcoded ways to:

1) remove character item slots such as boots and belts?

2) remove hireling item slots?

3) return hireling function to that of Classic Diablo II while modding 1.10 Expansion?

I assume 1) is actually as easy as preventing items from spawning and adjusting the Inventory to reflect that and that 3) is not even possible but would love confirmation. Thank you in advanced.

kingpin
Senior Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: Removing item slots from characters and hireling?

Post by kingpin » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:22 pm

softcoded way you are right you can prevent item to get equipped by remove the drops + change the item graphics. You will still however have some glitches to that by have visual slots showup then hovering the items.

How did hireling works before expansion? last question depend how it was, it's probably require code editing to revert.

fwwr

Post by fwwr » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:21 pm

In Classic, hirelings couldn't use equipment and couldn't leave their respective Act. Even 2) sounds like it's going to be a CE job with helms and body armor in the game.

Thanks for the reply kingpin. Slightly off topic but like 6 years ago, I played the absolute hell out of Dark Alliance. Farmed the KL boss (abbreviated for spoiler warning) and got that scroll that leads to another level. Super fun mod, always been looking forward to 2nd chapter.

kingpin
Senior Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:36 pm

fwwr" wrote:In Classic, hirelings couldn't use equipment and couldn't leave their respective Act. Even 2) sounds like it's going to be a CE job with helms and body armor in the game.

Thanks for the reply kingpin. Slightly off topic but like 6 years ago, I played the absolute hell out of Dark Alliance. Farmed the KL boss (abbreviated for spoiler warning) and got that scroll that leads to another level. Super fun mod, always been looking forward to 2nd chapter.
Thanks, second chapter is on it's way.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a classic/expansion check to get the hireling as classic or expansion. In that case the ce part would be easy for hireling (it's just a matter of find the code in that case).

Trevor
Forum Legend
Principality

Hand-picked

Post by Trevor » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:52 pm

Could you not just edit inventory.txt and change the size of the mouse over boxes you want eliminated to 1 by 1 or even 0 by 0? I changed the size of some of my inventory spots and I was able to make the mouse over work well with the new sizes. All soft edits.
AfterMath Overview: http://www.aftermathcentral.com

Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.
- Author Unknown

Mod Completion: Always under Construction
D2SE Compatible Only

Playing AfterMath v3.0.1 ~ 1020 MB
Released March 31, 2017

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:56 pm

Yes it work flawlessly with some edits in inventory.txt :)

You may need to blank some of the dc6 that are used when a slot is free so it's invisible, and that sgould be it.

Fawahar

Post by Fawahar » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:31 pm

Xaphan wrote:
Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:56 pm

You may need to blank some of the dc6 that are used when a slot is free so it's invisible, and that sgould be it.
For the character is done by editing inventory.txt, but does anyone knows where to locate the coordinates for the hireling?

jessedazebra
Russia

Post by jessedazebra » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:31 pm

Fawahar wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:31 pm
Xaphan wrote:
Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:56 pm

For the character is done by editing inventory.txt, but does anyone knows where to locate the coordinates for the hireling?
It's in inventory.txt as well, Hireling and Hireling2 columns.

Fawahar

Post by Fawahar » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:22 pm

jessedazebra wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:31 pm
It's in inventory.txt as well, Hireling and Hireling2 columns.
Thanks for the reply, I was searching for wrong spots! answer helped :)

Return to “General Mod Making”