Use of *.dt1 files?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

No votes

Total votes: 0

DragonBane
Champion of the Light

Use of *.dt1 files?

Post by DragonBane » Thu Jun 06, 2002 1:11 am

What are they used for and how do you edit them? I have a dt1 editor but am clueless how its used
"Cold be heart and hand and stone, cold be traveller's far from home."

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:30 am

I haven't worked with them myself, but I think those are the tiles for flooring and ground in the game...or lava, water, mud or whatever else is under your feet in the game.

I'm not sure how much you can do with them. A lot of us are waiting for the newest, baddest level editor to be completed (isilweo's level editor was a good start, but didn't go quite as far as modders would like). When it is done, we'll be able to do a lot more in terms of changing the ground tiles, remapping levels and placing superuniques in new locations...I think.

In any case, you'd probably learn more about these files by reviewing posts in our Multimedia Forum, as well as going to our old forums and looking at the Graphics and Animation Forum's old posts.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

DragonBane
Champion of the Light

Post by DragonBane » Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:33 am

K thanks
But also, whenever i try to open them it freezes my comp >.<
"Cold be heart and hand and stone, cold be traveller's far from home."

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:18 pm

There are plenty of threads about dt1 and ds1 files, and the editors for them in development, in the Multimedia Forum. If you don't see the answer you are looking for in one of those threads, post a question there. Paul and Joel are demon coders who are opening those formats for the rest of us. You should get some good answers there.

:mrgreen:

I'll close this thread here to conserve bandwidth.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “General Mod Making”