Reduce difficult: Reduce Monster HP.

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

nrrm

Reduce difficult: Reduce Monster HP.

Post by nrrm » Thu May 14, 2015 5:24 am

Hello, I'm new to forum.
First, sorry for my bad English.
I'm playing a mod, it call Netherworld Rises, yes, it's dead mod, for a long time.
This mod used to be played online, but cause of its difficult and something (i guess), no one play it anymore. I want it back. I think Netherworld Rises is excellent Diablo 2 mod.
So , i just download some tool, and hope you help me to make game easier.
Thanks for any reply.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Re: Reduce difficult: Reduce Monster HP.

Post by devurandom » Thu May 14, 2015 6:51 am

That's a difficult question because:

We have respect for other mods. If they don't want their mod to be touched, then we can't offer advice on how to mod someone Else's mod, even if it is long dead.

You should first get permission from the author of the mod. We can't assume that you have that just because the mod is outdated.

:-|
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

nrrm

Post by nrrm » Fri May 15, 2015 5:39 am

devurandom" wrote:That's a difficult question because:

We have respect for other mods. If they don't want their mod to be touched, then we can't offer advice on how to mod someone Else's mod, even if it is long dead.

You should first get permission from the author of the mod. We can't assume that you have that just because the mod is outdated.

:-|
I have just aksed Kevin Veitch, author of this mod. He rarely use Facebook but I'll keep my hope.

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Fri May 15, 2015 6:53 am

If you have the source (It's around somewhere, I'm sure) feel free.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as "A bad move".
Douglas Adams

nrrm

Post by nrrm » Fri May 15, 2015 5:11 pm

PureRage" wrote:If you have the source (It's around somewhere, I'm sure) feel free.
OMG, PureRage? Nice to see you here.
Netherworld Rises 0.4 Alpha
-----------------
By
Kevin Veitch, AKA - PureRage
& Lukas Nething, AKA - Relay
Yeah, Kevin just said "Yes that's fine.", via Facebook
But how I can prove it is true?
Here is the source:

I find monstat.bin but don't know how to open it or convert it to .txt file.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Fri May 15, 2015 6:57 pm

you can't convert a bin file to text file, you need the modded text files to be able to modify it.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:31 pm

@nrrm
would you be willing to post your changes as a Better Single Player Netherworld Rises Experience???you don't need to change all that much for that anyway...

@PureRage
you rock man!!! if you got the source files still you could post em so people can learn from them...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

nrrm

Post by nrrm » Sat May 16, 2015 3:43 am

Thanks you guys!
The game is too hard to beat, and there're many bugs.

Some boss or Elite mobs with Teleport, Freeze Aura (Caska Prince, High Council's body guard, Amazons at Act 3..) are very annoy.

- Assassin: Dragon Talon, Mistress Blade, Scorpion Queen don't show AR but still miss.
- Barbarian: Frenzy is a range skill but you must active it by a melee hit.
- Druid: Frost Drake doesn't show correct damage.

I'll update continue..

PureRage
Forum Regular
Angel
Great Britain

Post by PureRage » Sat May 16, 2015 4:33 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:@nrrm
would you be willing to post your changes as a Better Single Player Netherworld Rises Experience???you don't need to change all that much for that anyway...

@PureRage
you rock man!!! if you got the source files still you could post em so people can learn from them...
Ty Sir!
The source is Here and This is a folder of tools/notes/etc that is meant to be used with the source. A few of the files were in the middle of a complete rewrite if i remember right so they are a bit of a mess.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as "A bad move".
Douglas Adams

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri May 22, 2015 4:27 pm

thank you very much!!!

any moderators free to pick up those and place em in the File Center for future modders and current alike???
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

nrrm

Post by nrrm » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:37 pm

I am busy recent days.
Here my wishes:
-Reduce Act Bosses damage: 10-15%.
-Remove Freeze Aura or Dragon Flight from bosses who uses both these skills.
I have tested this mod (from http://snej.{No mentioning of private realms - consider this a warning}.org/forum/index.php?topic=27864.0) with Barb and Assassin, i think some skills have errors/missing.

Barb:
-Frenzy: is an active skill for range skills, but it's a melee skill.
-Nova Heave: its synergy.. I put many points, but don't see anything change in Character Stats, monsters aren't die faster.
-Rain of Death: this skill can't help me to prevent bosses from regen.
-Block: require a shield, i put a shield with 22% chance to block and got 21% from skill. But from Character Stats: chance to block 6% @@ And monsters alway hit me.

Assassin:
-Phoenix Strike: just like Nova Heave
-Chains of Darkness, Slowing Gas: not working well.
-All Crossbow skills are attacks with "100% chance to hit enemies" ?
-Shadow Blossom, Mistress Blade, Chain Kicks: AR isnt' showed. These skills can miss.

I try to edit somethings, like skills, I use MPQeditor then see many bin files and don't know how to open them. I can only work on txt file, right?
One of my friend, he edited skills (he and some guys, maintain the Realm) , i don't know how he can do that! If he got a source, it may be very different from the source that PureRage uploaded, because PureRage's source is very old.

nrrm

Post by nrrm » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:48 am

Anyone ???

Return to “General Mod Making”