Chilling Armor Aura + Editing Existing Summons

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Shyster

Chilling Armor Aura + Editing Existing Summons

Post by Shyster » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:41 pm

I had a fun idea and wondered if anyone knew if it was possible to make an *aura* that functions the way Chilling Armor would when active. Primarily it'd be useful for placing it onto items as a passive instead of needing to click it. Also, I wondered if it was possible to make this hypothetical aura retaliate vs. ranged AND melee attacks. I did a little tinkering around but I didn't want to get into something I don't know is possible yet. I didn't feel very confident about my attempts lol

At first glance it looks like it wouldn't be possible to work with melee since the "1" only seems to apply to missile owners

---

Lastly, while I've found info on creating new summons I never found much specific on editing existing ones. I never liked the Fire Golem and so I wanted to change him to an apparition - the Dark Shape because of their awesome green flare, and flying through obstacles/walls.

The tutorials/searching I used/did weren't very helpful in determining how to edit the SPRITE. I've redesigned him mechanically already, and I'm happy with him in that respect.

---

To sum up...

-Chilling Armor Aura that counters melee & ranged
-*Replace* Fire Golem graphic with a wraith tinted like the Dark Shape variant. Flys through walls and obstacles

Trevor
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Hand-picked

Re: Chilling Armor Aura + Editing Existing Summons

Post by Trevor » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:52 pm

You can make an aura retaliate melee or ranged missile attacks. You will need to edit isc.txt on the stats that reflect damage. (thorns in particular) I dont remember the exact syntax (I dont have my files handy or I would tell you) but search for a list of events. You are looking for the event damaged by ranged or something like that. Add that event to the thorns isc. For fun, you can also make thorns reflect cold damage, lightning damage (clone the lightning thorns and edit the parameter), fire thorns, slow thorns, freeze thorns. Lots of fun here.

Once youre done that, add the stats to the auraclc fields. Use the paladin skill Thorns as a base otherwise the aurafilter might screw you up
AfterMath Overview: http://www.aftermathcentral.com

Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.
- Author Unknown

Mod Completion: Always under Construction
D2SE Compatible Only

Playing AfterMath v3.0.1 ~ 1020 MB
Released March 31, 2017

Shyster

Post by Shyster » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:42 am

EDIT: I found a much more convenient way to do this chilling armor idea
Last edited by Shyster on Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mirecek
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Arch-Angel

Post by mirecek » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:51 pm

for the animation swapping, you can use CV5 tool and/or SixDice. Export the animation into frames, edit each frame by your will, then combine them to dcc format.

for the flying through walls, this is hardcoded to the monster baseid (or type). So unless its an enemy wraith, your summon cannot pass the walls and obstacles.
"Each of those few chords separated by complete silence feels like a knife wound to the heart"

There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery. Draconian

Return to “General Mod Making”