How to make some kinds of monsters never spawned as unique?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Luo1B

How to make some kinds of monsters never spawned as unique?

Post by Luo1B » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:55 am

I set some monsters with some specific minions. When they are spawned as unique, all messed up (number and type of the minions). I just want to simply avoid this.

Luo1B

Re: How to make some kinds of monsters never spawned as uniq

Post by Luo1B » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:40 pm

And one thing else. I tried using skill Nest to spawn baby monsters with several AI. But after nesting the first "baby", the mother monster never worked. It just hanged there, wouldn't move or do anything. What did I miss?

Trevor
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Hand-picked

Post by Trevor » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:34 pm

Please try to not double post.
In levels.txt, there are three columns for monsters: trash, champion, and unique. Remove the monsters you dont want unique from unique fields.
AfterMath Overview: http://www.aftermathcentral.com

Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.
- Author Unknown

Mod Completion: Always under Construction
D2SE Compatible Only

Playing AfterMath v3.0.1 ~ 1020 MB
Released March 31, 2017

Luo1B

Post by Luo1B » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:42 am

Trevor" wrote:Please try to not double post.
In levels.txt, there are three columns for monsters: trash, champion, and unique. Remove the monsters you dont want unique from unique fields.
:oops: I once thought nmon for nightmare, umon for hell.

I just reviewed the file guide.

nmon1-nmon25 Nightmare/Hell only. Spawned species, use ID from MonStats.txt. Only the first ten columns appear in the unmodded file. In 1.10 final, beta 1.10s and v1.11+ you can add the missing nmon11-nmon25 columns. Due to what appears to be a bug Champion/Unique species uses this column also in nightmare/hell.

I tried and it does work this way. What a pity. I guess I will put the monsters who I don't want spawned as uniques in some levels which spawn zero uniques.

:) BTW, you helped me a lot. Really really thank you. Nice day for you!

weapon-x
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
Philippines

Post by weapon-x » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:42 am

Luo1B" wrote:

nmon1-nmon25 Nightmare/Hell only. Spawned species, use ID from MonStats.txt. Only the first ten columns appear in the unmodded file. In 1.10 final, beta 1.10s and v1.11+ you can add the missing nmon11-nmon25 columns. Due to what appears to be a bug Champion/Unique species uses this column also in nightmare/hell.

I tried and it does work this way. What a pity. I guess I will put the monsters who I don't want spawned as uniques in some levels which spawn zero uniques.

This issue can be taken cared of, through CE... mLvl and Umon Fixes are already posted in the forums :)
" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "

~Mark Twain

Luo1B

Post by Luo1B » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:51 am

weapon-x" wrote:
This issue can be taken cared of, through CE... mLvl and Umon Fixes are already posted in the forums :)

What is the issue with mlvl? Do you have a link?

Trevor
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Hand-picked

Post by Trevor » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:28 pm

I removed all uniques and champs from Bloodmoore for several patches of my mod over the years. Only recently have I put them back in. All I did was blank out the nmod and umon entries. They did reappear in NM and Hell but I wasn't concerned then. I just didnt want something nasty too early on.
AfterMath Overview: http://www.aftermathcentral.com

Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.
- Author Unknown

Mod Completion: Always under Construction
D2SE Compatible Only

Playing AfterMath v3.0.1 ~ 1020 MB
Released March 31, 2017

shaolonger

Re: How to make some kinds of monsters never spawned as unique?

Post by shaolonger » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:47 am

Luo1B wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:42 am

Is that means we cannot make new monsters to nmon1-25 if we do not want them to be champion or unique?
Is there a way to add new monsters to umon and avoid them to spawned as champion or unique?
Waiting for any help or suggestion, thk!

shaolonger

Re: How to make some kinds of monsters never spawned as unique?

Post by shaolonger » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:50 am

Trevor wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:28 pm
I removed all uniques and champs from Bloodmoore for several patches of my mod over the years. Only recently have I put them back in. All I did was blank out the nmod and umon entries. They did reappear in NM and Hell but I wasn't concerned then. I just didnt want something nasty too early on.
Hi, I have a problem when doing the same as you done.
I put an new character monster made based on shadow master, and put it into nmod or umod, then it crashed in game, can you help me for any information? :(

Return to “General Mod Making”