Issue with line in Sets.txt

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Issue with line in Sets.txt

Post by SpiKe. » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:00 pm

Hello Guys,

i have a issue with like 31 (30 w/o index) in my Sets.txt

whenever i put a Set in this line it doesn't spawn ingam neither i can create it via cube recipes.

For example:

I'm trying to create Angelic Set.
When i have Angelic Set in Line 15 (sets.txt) and put in cube recipes "Angelic Sickle" (setitems.txt) -> output will be Angelic Sickle.
When i have Angelic Set in Line 31 (30 w/o index) and put in cube recipes "Angelic Sickle" -> output will be a magic Sabre - same happens for other parts of angelic set.

I switched this around to see what happens when i put other sets in e.g. Sigons, Artic, Berserker - noone of them work if its in line 31.

My workaround now is, that i cleared the line and set *eol to 0 so i can use line 2-30 and 32-xxx.
Anyone else having this problem and may know how to fix it or is it hardcoded?

Modding in 1.10 btw.

Greetings and thanks in advance.

Nefarius
Retired Admin
Cherub

Hand-picked

Re: Issue with line in Sets.txt

Post by Nefarius » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:53 am

That sounds like you're reusing the Cow-King Set line, which is hardcoded to only spawn if it is dropped by a hellbovine.
''(...) The game can basically be considered unhackable. '' - Blizzard Entertainment (30th May 2000)
Black Omen Productions | MetalStorm: Progress Report | Screenshots

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:40 pm

I didn't know that there is a hardcoded line. I looked into the original files and the cow-set line is in 32 not 31 where i'm having the error (line 32 work for me) or it may moved somewhere else.
Anyway i won't use that line then and see what happens later. Good to know there is a line for a specific drop in cow levels.
Thanks.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:15 am

Reminds me how there's lines in cubemain.txt which are hard coded.
Clone the cube recipes for upgrading unique armo. They fail to give ethereal bonuses.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

Return to “General Mod Making”