Help: Missing inventory graphics on quest items?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

fullmetalbamf

Help: Missing inventory graphics on quest items?

Post by fullmetalbamf » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:19 am

As mentioned above. My quest items (and some uniques) are missing inventory graphics in game. I was still able to make the horadric staff, but khalims flail refused to go into the cube, ruining our playthrough of my mod for the night. I didn't touch any of them. Anyone know what might be wrong here? The flail IS in my inventory, but has blue squares where the item "should be", but I can't put it into the cube.

Nostalgic_Modder
United States of America

Re: Help: Missing inventory graphics on quest items?

Post by Nostalgic_Modder » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:54 am

Armor, weapon and misc text files have a column, invfile. This is the name of the file that is the inventory graphic.

uniqueinvfile is also a column in these files that take precidence over invfile and displays special unique inventory graphics for some of the quest items..

invfile column is also found in uniqueitems text and setitems text. This also over rides the normal items inventory graphic to display an unique inventory graphic.

So if the item is "there" but not showing then checking the entries in these columns for the problem items would be a place to start checking.

fullmetalbamf

Re: Help: Missing inventory graphics on quest items?

Post by fullmetalbamf » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:43 am

Gotcha. I'll look into that. Thank you.

*edit* something really strange is happening. I have old shared stash items from before I tweaked my mod further. Dunno if it's because they're items from a different version, but I have items like "the diggler: maul" Last time I checked.. the diggler isn't a maul. So.. Names are getting assigned to the wrong item I think. Not sure why though.

*edit2* Deleting my uniqueitems.txt fixed it. So I just need to figure out what I did wrong in that file.

Return to “General Mod Making”