Problems with CubeMain Recipe

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

EugeFrost

Problems with CubeMain Recipe

Post by EugeFrost » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:32 pm

Hello everyone! Lets see is someone will help me.
Im a pretty new at modding d2, so for now all what i was doing is changing some skills, recipes, monster properties, and stuff like that. But today i started to create some new recipes, specially the ones that will let players add sockets to anything.
From the even start i was just watching how the existing socketing recipes works, and i tried to repeat it, with small modification of the recipe. Everything worked fine, before i tried to create my own recipe from 0.

The recipes looks like that:
Description: "3 r01 + any normal weapon = same weapon with sockets"
Enabled: 1
Version: 100
NumImputs: 4
Input1: "weap,nor"
Input2:"r01,qty=3"
Output: useitem
Mod1: sock
Mod1min: 1
Mod1max: 6
Eol: 0

The rest of recipes looks similar, exept the rune input (the "mag" items require r04, "rare" - r07, etc)

What happens ingame: I put all the ingredients inside the cube, press the button, and im obtaining exacly the same item, withous sockets. So, my question is: why?

P.S. the only think that i managed to work fine, was the weapons, but i only obtained 2 sockets there, and it was the only time it worked. Boots, Armor, Helms, etc refuses to work. Please help!

EugeFrost

Re: Problems with CubeMain Recipe

Post by EugeFrost » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:45 pm

One more question that just appeared. Is there any way (except hardcoding) to obtain more that 1 output from a cube recipe? Cause i was not be able to figure that out.

Tried to make this kind of recipe:
Description....Enabled...Version....NumInputs..Input1.....Output
"r02 = 3 r01".......1.......100............. 1.........r02......."r01,qty=3"

Aaand it didnt worked properly. Only obtained 1 el rune after using this recipe ingame

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:02 pm

Maximum sockets of an item are controled by the item level. Better create an item with ilvl 99 and try if it can get the max sockets.
For Gloves/Boots you have to enable sockets but u probably already did. Can u show me what your input is in these lines?

Cubemain.txt have 3 output fields. Output / Output b / Output c.
Without Code Edit you can't get more then 1 Item from each output but u can put Items in output b/c to get a maximum of 3 items per roll.

EugeFrost

Post by EugeFrost » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:26 pm

Thanks, dude, you helped me a lot. I just forget to modify the maximum amount of sockets inside the armor.txt and weapons.txt. So now i can say that the problem is solved. Thanks for your help ;)

EugeFrost

Post by EugeFrost » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:42 pm

Well, it seems that i am missing something. Still cant get the rings, amulets, boots, belts and gloves to be socketeable. You said that i need to "enable socketing", how can i do this?

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:07 pm

In Armor.txt, Weapons.txt and Misc.txt is a column which controls the sockets (gemsockets).

EugeFrost

Post by EugeFrost » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:31 pm

J'P" wrote:In Armor.txt, Weapons.txt and Misc.txt is a column which controls the sockets (gemsockets).
Yes, it is there, and i alredy modified it. But i got nothing. The items are still unsocketeable

Example: amulet from misc.txt

* Hasinv: 1
* gemsockets: 1

* Inside the game: "using the created recipe" (and yes, i alredy checked the recipe, it should work) - same amulet BUT WITHOUS socket (EXACLY the same)

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:49 pm

In Itemtypes.txt there are also 3 columns MaxSock1/MaxSock25/MaxSock40 which may need to be altered.

You could also find it here: https://d2mods.info/index.php?ind=revie ... w&iden=317

EugeFrost

Post by EugeFrost » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:10 pm

J'P" wrote:In Itemtypes.txt there are also 3 columns MaxSock1/MaxSock25/MaxSock40 which may need to be altered.
Aaaaand we done here! Problem is solved! Thanks you very much for your patience!

EugeFrost

Post by EugeFrost » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:43 pm

Hm, i just realized that, yes, i can have sockets on items like gloves and boots, but i cant insert gems inside of them. Thanks to that im not sure what causes that, ill apreciate any help.

P.S. I can insert gems to ring and amulets, but cant do the same for belts/boots/gloves. Any advise?

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:08 pm

Do they have "hasinv" set to 1?

EugeFrost

Post by EugeFrost » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:30 pm

J'P" wrote:Do they have "hasinv" set to 1?
Im so dumb, i think i need to sleep more. For some reason, when i was editing the "armor.txt", in column "hasinv" i put nearly all the values at 1. The exeption was some boots and gloves, and i wonder why i skipped them.

Hovewer, now the problem is solved, everything works fine right now. Thanks you for your help

Return to “General Mod Making”