Txts suddenly don't work

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

arva

Txts suddenly don't work

Post by arva » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:11 pm

Suddenly changes I made to txts won't apply in the game. Changes I made a few days ago still work, but new changes won't apply. If I remove all files from the excel folder, all changes are canceled. I suspect it has something to do with windows 10 security settings, but I'm not sure. I poked around a little with it but it made no difference.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: Txts suddenly don't work

Post by Necrolis » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Did you recompile the bin files?
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

arva

Post by arva » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:51 pm

Haven't tried that, and it seems like too much work to go through all that every time I need to test a change. The direct txt command has worked fine, up until now.

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:01 pm

You can create a .bat file to delete all .bin files within the excel folder and then just restart the game with -direct -txt and it will generate new ones.
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:36 pm

running HIPS firewall? That could do it.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

arva

Post by arva » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:48 am

This seems to be a problem in windows. It might be about the bin files. When I remove a file in excel and replace it with an different version of that same file, it automatically gets rewritten back to it's previous state. This does not happen if I simply rewrite the file while it's in place. This migt be the case with the bin files - when I remove them and start up diablo again, the bin files that is being written is turnin to older versons of themselves. Somehow. This is crazy. I hav no firewalls or anything new installed since it last worked normally.

SpiKe.
Forum Tech Support
Champion of the Light
Germany

Post by SpiKe. » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:48 am

Did u set admin rights to your excel program? Without it can happen that the edited .txt files become write-protected and these doesn't compile to .bin files.

arva

Post by arva » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:59 pm

I ran AFJ Sheet in admin mode and that did the trick! I've never had to do that before, but as long as it works I'm happy. Thx buddy.

Return to “General Mod Making”