remove +all skills\class skills bonus from a single skill

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderators: GuyAskingQuestion, Doombreed-x, Nefarius, talonrage

P.J.

remove +all skills\class skills bonus from a single skill

Post by P.J. » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:37 am

Hello

This is possible to remove +all skills\class skills bonus from a single skill from items and etc?
Example: Make a Skeleton mastery level affected only by invested skill points and doesnt matter how many many +all skills i have.
Its possibly to do with formulas with base level for sure but in the skill tree it will show skill level with bonus anyway
Tried to play with General and Enhanceable collumns in skill.txt but no luck

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: remove +all skills\class skills bonus from a single skil

Post by gogodanny » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:25 am

Hi PJ,

what I recommend here is making sure that the Skill gains whatever stats you want only through hardpoints (hardpoints = invested, softpoints = invested + skills via items).
Median by Laz (and now Marco) uses this feature a lot.
You could e.g. give a minor passive skill that increases also through softskills, but the main advantage comes through hardskills.
Another example for that would be Eastern Sun Mod - Elemental Masteries, where the +55% dmg comes only through hardpoint investment.
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

P.J.

Re: remove +all skills\class skills bonus from a single skil

Post by P.J. » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:23 pm

HI gogodanny,

Yes, you are correct, i understand the mechanics and know how to do that via formulas, but in the skill tabs it will show skill level including all bonuses to skill levels. Just curious maybe there some softcoded solution for this :)

Return to “General Mod Making”