Configurating a drop mod and other stuff

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderators: GuyAskingQuestion, Doombreed-x, Nefarius, talonrage

FlowerDance
Germany

Configurating a drop mod and other stuff

Post by FlowerDance » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:25 pm

Hey guys so I wanted to make my own D2 mod mostly for myself since I couldn't find one that satisfies me.
I already changed some EXP gains now I wonder if I want to make the lvl cap 150 can I just add the necessary lines with Diablo 2 excel file editor?

Now I also want to make drop rates a lot higher but the "Ladder Rune-Words, Boss and Drop Mod Tutorial" guide only says something like "put everything in TreasureClassEx.txt on 1024 and only uniques will drop" but I kinda want a normal gameplay experience just with like idk 300% more uniques, rares and runes maybe?
Not too sure about the exact % I will have to play a bit with it I think but I'm kinda lost as to what exactly I have to edit and what numbers I should use, can anyone help me out here? :D
Also I can't find the qlvl column in Uniqueitems.txt x.x

Also is there a fast way to set a column for all objects to the same number at once?
For example if I want to set the nolimit and lvl coloumn for all uniques to 1 in UniqueItems.txt it will take ages is there a fast way to do it?
edit: nvm I found it out, you can just leftclick on the coloumn and then rightclick "set to"

Oh and I would also like to increase the rares/uniques in gambling I have seen some mods offer this but I don't know what files I need to edit for that x.x

Black_Eternity
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Angel
United States of America

Re: Configurating a drop mod and other stuff

Post by Black_Eternity » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:14 pm

Everything you want to do, is only a few simple search results away.
Even reading through the last few pages of topics in the last six months will yield some good information.
PureRage wrote:Durrrp, durrrp. idiot

FlowerDance
Germany

Post by FlowerDance » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:01 pm

I did search around a bit but I honestly don't get a lot of it so I was hoping someone could explain it for me xD

Like the runes for example, lets say I dont want to change the quantity but just make higher runes more common.
As far as I understand I have to change the probability values for runes in treasureclassex.txt but I couldn't find which rune is what inside the txt because theyre not listed with names (ist, ber etc) and I can't find info on that.

Maybe I'm just using the search option wrong >.<

Black_Eternity
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Angel
United States of America

Post by Black_Eternity » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:49 am

That's because the treasureclassex references the item code and not the item name, check out your other txt files to find what you are looking for. As far as the probabilites, read the treasureclassex.txt file guide for information on how the game calculates drop chances. There has also been a plethora of topics regarding drop mods I. The last six months, I suggest you read through a few of those.
PureRage wrote:Durrrp, durrrp. idiot

k0r3l1k
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:52 pm

FlowerDance wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:01 pm
I did search around a bit but I honestly don't get a lot of it so I was hoping someone could explain it for me xD

Like the runes for example, lets say I dont want to change the quantity but just make higher runes more common.
As far as I understand I have to change the probability values for runes in treasureclassex.txt but I couldn't find which rune is what inside the txt because theyre not listed with names (ist, ber etc) and I can't find info on that.

Maybe I'm just using the search option wrong >.<
It's easy to get lost when going over advanced modder's notes. Why don't you join the discord community and hit me up some time @korelik.

https://discord.gg/zv9ZRk

Return to “General Mod Making”