Perfect Stats Mod help

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

delosombres
Czech Republic

Perfect Stats Mod help

Post by delosombres » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:42 am

Hi guys, I would like to make my own simple mod - making all stat values on affixes ON ALL ITEM TYPES (uniques, sets, rws, automods, charms, jewels etc.) "maximized" without any changes in overall drop quality or quantity. Just a pure original 1.13d game experience (with PlugY only) with maxed rolls (because it's literaly impossible to have perfect items on SP). I know there is a PDM which does it but it also increases drop chances of everything and adds lot of other stuff. I simply don't like that. I want to keep rare items (hrs & high TCs) being rare.

So... where should I start? I'm new to modding so I just did some quick research around here about *txt* files and if I understand it correctly, should I just manually change all "minmod1 values to maxmod1" etc., right? The thing is, I'm not sure about all those txt files, what items belong to what files so I'll make a list for you to help me with. If I'll forget something please feel to add any other items that have random stats. So...

Basic items - basic weapons, gems and runes have no random stats, only armors so I suppose this is in Armor.txt.

Automods and quality mods on weapons/armors - things like crude/superior % defense/durability, +1-3 single skills on Wands/Scepters, (skill ?trees?) on Amazon Bows or resists/%ED on Paladin shields. I have no idea where this could be and how it works.

Cube recipes - Have no idea.

Magic items, all weapons, armors, rings, amulets, charms and jewels - I guess this is all in MagicPreffix.txt and MagicSuffix.txt. I also guess rares use these too.

Uniques - Unique.txt.
Sets - SetItems.txt.
Runewords - Runewords.txt.

(???) Annihilus & Torch added by plugY - should be in Uniques.txt. (???)

(((((Number of sockets in basic grey items (not magic socket 1-2 preffix) would be kept random (of course for RWs) including Cube recipe. I suppose that's a separate value under Armor.txt and Weapon.txt - just to be sure to not mess up socket items having all max sockets :D)))))

If there is anything else, please let me know. Thanks.

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: Perfect Stats Mod help

Post by HarvestWombs » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:47 am

To answer your first question, yes set all min values to that of the max value.

Base items are located in Armors, Weapons, Misc.

Magics - MagicPrefix, suffix
Rares- RarePrefix, suffix
Uniques - self explanatory
Sets - ditto
Cube Recipes - Cubemain

Sockets are controlled by two things, the amount the base item can have (check your base item txt files), and itemtypes.txt, controls the amount of sockets that can spawn on ilvls. (check your fileguides)

Automods - Automagic
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

delosombres
Czech Republic

Post by delosombres » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:46 am

Thanks for a quick response! I'm gonna try it out.

delosombres
Czech Republic

Post by delosombres » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:33 am

One or two questions please. I just realized that plugY is using runewords.txt inside mpq files to enable ladder-only RW. If I extract/edit runewords.txt and then put them in data\global\excel with -direct -txt priority would plugY still load the original? That would mess things up.

Btw, is superior/crude/low quality also under automods?

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:33 am

Please do not double post, instead edit your previous post if you would like to add additional information, or questions. (it will mark the topic unread)

No the game will read the data folder first and then the mpq's, when using -direct.

No, superior items will gain their stats through QualityItems.txt.
IIRC there's something hardcoded about the crude/low quality deductions.

delosombres
Czech Republic

Post by delosombres » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:10 am

Oh, sorry about double post, my mistake. I've managed to found everything I need to edit except one thing: +1-3 random SINGLE skills on class items like Pala Scepters or Barb Helms. I can't find it in AutoMods.txt nor in Armors/Weapons.txt. Any idea where could it be? Maybe it's hardcoded?

(Btw, you were right about low quality items, they don't have any mods, just a hidden nonvariable % base defense/damage and durability reduction so I won't bother with them)

EDIT: It seems that I've found it. It's StaffMods under ItemTypes.txt. I can't see any variables though. It's just on/off. I wanted to set all these skills to +3. Any idea?

Trevor
Forum Legend
Principality
Canada

Hand-picked

Post by Trevor » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Remove the staffmods in itemtypes.
AfterMath Overview: http://www.aftermathcentral.com

Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.
- Author Unknown

Mod Completion: Always under Construction
D2SE Compatible Only

Playing AfterMath v3.0.1 ~ 1020 MB
Released March 31, 2017

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:34 pm

It's hard coded to 1-3, you will need to remove staffmods and create automagics for the items.

delosombres
Czech Republic

Post by delosombres » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:21 am

Oh, just as I thought. Seems like a lot of workaround. I probably won't bother with this. Anyway, thanks for your tips guys.

EDIT:
One more thing. I'm using D2 version 1.13d but I was unable to find 1.13d listfile (or any txts) for MPQ Editor. There are only 1.13c files.

According to the guide which I just read I need to extract all these *.txt files using a proper listfile, edit them, then run the game which creates *.bin files for these and than I need to put them all back to Patch_D2.mpq, overwrite & compact the archive. But where can I get that 1.13d listfile? Or even better, are there any already extracted 1.13d txt files available to download?

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:26 am

There shouldn't be any difference in the file list. Iirc any patch greater than 1.13 was just bug patches.

delosombres
Czech Republic

Post by delosombres » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:35 pm

Ok, that makes sense. I'll use 1.13c files then.

Btw, there is one thing that just came into my mind. I've been thinking about removing those insane repair cost of superior items (making them same as normal items). It makes using superior items for runewords almost pointless because the cost to repair it is unbearable. Superior mod adds just a small 15% ed/ed/dur bonus but the repair cost multiplier is like 20x! For example, to fully repair a runeword weapon that normally costs let's say 15k now costs like 250k! It's ridiculous. Do you know what txt file controls it, what should I change? I don't think it's about the base cost of the item because there shouldn't be THAT much difference between normal and superior item - if you're buying or selling it. It seems it has something to do with repair multipliers only.

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:47 am

My first guess would be to look at the values in itemstatcost.txt, check the file guide to find what columns control what exactly.

delosombres
Czech Republic

Post by delosombres » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:50 pm

This:
Add and Multiply - These two fields control the additional price added to an item's cost (be aware that certain stats like armorclass on armors (etc) are treated more then once as there are hardcoded cases for them!), the bonus equals: cost * (1 + value * multiply / 1024)) + add (...)
There is nothing about superior items in ItemStatCost.txt, only affixes. However I just found there is multiply and add column in QualityItems.txt which controls superior items. There is Multiply 5 and Add 350. :D That's probably it. What should I change it to? Multiply 1 and Add 0? I would like to have these prices +/- same as normal non-superior items. It seems that this is all applied at the top of everything because the repair cost difference between Runeword made in normal vs superior is just insane. Maybe that 350 gold is added per 1 durability point and then multiplied?

Return to “General Mod Making”