Waypoint question (Levels.txt)

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Adelaide
New Zealand

Waypoint question (Levels.txt)

Post by Adelaide » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:35 am

I've been messing around with random things just trying to learn what I can and cannot do. I decided to swap where some waypoints take you and now I have two questions regarding this:

1) The waypoints that I altered work - If I take my character to the WP and then click on it I will be teleported to said location. My friend however cannot teleport to the location. When he clicks on the WP it just shows the waypoint as greyed out. For example; I made the Jail 1 WP take you to Pit 1. It works for me because I already had the Jail 1 WP before making the change. If he goes to the Jail 1 and clicks on the waypoint it doesn't allow him to use it to go to the new location, it just simply stays greyed out.

2) My other question is in reference to the Durance of Hate 2 WP. Whenever I try to change where that WP takes you it removes the text in game from the waypoint tab and has nothing in its place. This also makes it to where if I click on another act WP tab outside of ACT 3 it automatically crashes the game. Does anyone know why this happens and if there is a way around it?

cla$$ics
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Waypoint question (Levels.txt)

Post by cla$$ics » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:52 am

1) Both of you need to be using the same mod in order for any modifications to waypoints to work.

2) Maybe check and make sure that you entered the right numbers here.
Although done for our needs, mod-makers should like these changes, too.
11/1/08 - COTL; 5/10/09 - Angel; 11/11/09 - Archangel

Adelaide
New Zealand

Post by Adelaide » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:47 am

cla$$ics wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:52 am
1) Both of you need to be using the same mod in order for any modifications to waypoints to work.

2) Maybe check and make sure that you entered the right numbers here.
I checked the numbers multiple times. Every waypoint I've attempted to alter so far has worked except for Durance of Hate 2. We're using an MPQ file as I'm pulling it apart, editing it and then compacting it again. The waypoints work, just only if you had them prior to me changing them. IE: I had every waypoint on my character before I ever changed where they sent you. My friend didn't have most of them, so when he goes and clicks on them they do not actually give him the waypoints, the name just stays greyed out.

cla$$ics
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by cla$$ics » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:41 am

Hm, I think the Durance of Hate Level 2 actually has some kind of anticheat mechanism that requires you to have completed Khalim's Will in order for it to work, now that I think about it. But I could be wrong about that.

Make sure that you pack both the .txt and the .bin files into the MPQ. That could be what's wrong.
Although done for our needs, mod-makers should like these changes, too.
11/1/08 - COTL; 5/10/09 - Angel; 11/11/09 - Archangel

Adelaide
New Zealand

Post by Adelaide » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:43 pm

cla$$ics wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:41 am
Hm, I think the Durance of Hate Level 2 actually has some kind of anticheat mechanism that requires you to have completed Khalim's Will in order for it to work, now that I think about it. But I could be wrong about that.

Make sure that you pack both the .txt and the .bin files into the MPQ. That could be what's wrong.
EDIT: I finally found a post where someone was talking about this issue with WP(s) not working if you didn't have them already activated prior to changing them. All the way back in 2002. xD I can't fix the problem right now, not by just editing the txt files. I'm going to attempt to do what I read someone else did though and see if that'll work.

Return to “General Mod Making”