Cubemain question

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Adelaide
New Zealand

Cubemain question

Post by Adelaide » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:17 am

Is there a way to stop something from being continuously done to an item via the cube? I'm messing around with making specific things add properties to items, I don't like that I can infinitely stack said properties onto the item though. IE: I was using the cube to assign multi-shot to various bows (allowing other characters to use the skill,) the problem is that I can keep doing this to the same item which increases the level of the multi-shot every time.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Re: Cubemain question

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:55 pm

Sure. You could add a second invisible propertie with value X with your recipe and let it only work if your item has not your invisible propertie with value X. Check the APPENDIX A by Joel in the Cubemain Fileguide.

Edit: Might as well post that here if anyone else having this question:
Best is then to look for a mod that did already what you are looking for. Eastern Sun for example has sth called forging that can only applied once. Either get the mpq or check the data folder in Eastern Sun Rises for the following files:

properties.txt
itemstatcost.txt
cubemain.txt

Look for item_craftflag and item_craftflag2 in the itemstatcost.txt, then search for them in the properties.txt which leads to:

craftflag and craftflag2

Now we search the cubemain.txt for either of them. Check the Skill Forging Unique Jewel and Remove Skill Forging Unique Jewel recipes. Once you understood how it worked you are pretty much set to go.
Cheers
AlphA

Return to “General Mod Making”