1.13d Skills.Txt Synergies?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderators: GuyAskingQuestion, Doombreed-x, Nefarius, talonrage

JayBrainDead

1.13d Skills.Txt Synergies?

Post by JayBrainDead » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:14 pm

I was wondering if it is possible to add or change values of skill synergies. Exemple : Every skill points spent in Chain Lightning adds X% dmg to Lightning

fernsehen123
Germany

Re: 1.13d Skills.Txt Synergies?

Post by fernsehen123 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:55 pm

Hi,

I think this is the field u have to change:

for example you can change it to:

(skill('Charged Bolt'.blvl)+skill('Nova'.blvl))*par8+skill('Chain Lightning'.blvl)*9

so that Chain Lightning adds 9% dmg to Lightning each level, instead of using par8 which is set to 8 by default

or even better change it to

(skill('Charged Bolt'.blvl)+skill('Nova'.blvl))*par8+skill('Chain Lightning'.blvl)*par7

and put a 9 into the par7 field ;)

JayBrainDead

Post by JayBrainDead » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:39 am

Thanks a lot that makes a lot of sense and I'll take a good look at that, but is par always the exact dmg% increase ?

From what I remember though the vast majority of skills dont add 8% each and I wonder if it is because it has been designed/rebalanced in later patches or maybe they actually do but only the Skill description graphic** has never been updated. Who knows ? That will give me a lot to think about for the next few days because I planned so many changes :)

** Actually this might all be stored in a .tbl file which would make it a lot easier to change if it the case.

Black_Eternity
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Angel
United States of America

Post by Black_Eternity » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:53 am

Par8 doesn't mean 8%, it's a reference to the column "Par8" which is... parameter
PureRage wrote:Durrrp, durrrp. idiot

JayBrainDead

Post by JayBrainDead » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:12 am

Thx a lot Black_Eternity That now makes a lot more sense to me, I still havent open'd it to take a look but I will soon. That also explains how you can get more synergy bonuses besides dmg (Like defense% and what not).

Return to “General Mod Making”