Help with strange potion bug ?!

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

JayBrainDead

Help with strange potion bug ?!

Post by JayBrainDead » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:57 am

Alright so I was getting to a point where I was pretty satisfied with all the changes I made to the game tested for a few minutes and everything was fine, so I decided pack it into the d2_patch.mpq.

Im now scared that something went VERY wrong because I cant use any hp pots ,mana pots or revuvs either from belt or inventory. When I Look at their description it shows 0 value for all sizes of pots and they are not drinkable anymore. Same thing goes for stamina potions but not antidotes and thawing potions.

What happenned am I missing a file or something ? The only probable cause I could think of is that my itemtypes.bin file was either missing or corrupted so I tried to replace it by a version i had backed up a long time ago ( I hope its clean ) but that still didnt solve the issues. What could be linked to this ?

I'm worried that if i cant figure it out i might have to start WAY back :(
Edit: Restoring itemtypes didnt solve this issues
I also noticed since then that I occasinally get a ''0 Gold'' drop which is also really strange I can click on it but it doesnt grant me any gold
https://imgur.com/7Mz35l4

Edit: There is probably a strong link between the 2. Also I havent made any changes that i can think of since the last time i was able to drink potions execpt for packing my files into mpq.
I Found out that I was wearing an item with a -xx% gold from monster and that is what cause theese weird occurences, still taking apart everyfile to find what is wrong with potions
Last edited by JayBrainDead on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Re: Help with strange potion bug ?!

Post by devurandom » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:34 pm

check if compact save is disabled for those item types.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

JayBrainDead

Re: Help with strange potion bug ?!

Post by JayBrainDead » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:48 am

It is enabled for all of those items.

Oh well I was wondering if I should port my mod to 1.14d, if I must start over I guess now would be time ^^ the only thing I liked better about 1.13d is plugy enabled uber and world event. If i some point I manage to patch it in myself that wont be necessary

Edit : I now figured out what file was causing the potion bug, it wasnt itemtypes like I initially thought but misc.bin thank god i didnt have many thing changed from the original this should be easily fixed if i just export a clean one and rebuild it :) Everything should be fine

Return to “General Mod Making”