CubeMain + ItemTypes + TreasureClassEx problem

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

CubeMain + ItemTypes + TreasureClassEx problem

Post by Hells_Lord » Wed May 23, 2018 4:42 am

So in order for the drop portion of my mod to drop everything besides white/gray items I put 0 in the normal field of ItemTypes. Works great nothing besides magic, rare, sets and uniques drop. Now I have people asking for whites/grays, so I figured a simple cube recipe to turn magics/rares etc into normals would work. Needless to say, I came to quickly realize that without the normal column having a 1 the "nor" modifier for CubeMain makes items magic as that is now the lowest possible quality.

Things I have tried :
1. Redid the ItemTypes file to make normals appear again this resulted in pretty much every item, besides items that have no normal value without crashing the game, drop as normal only even with 1024 in the magic column of TreasureClassEx. This did enable the cube recipe to work though.
2. Tried a couple other things like only making the main type (weap,armo,misc,etc) as normal and that didn't work at all. There was a couple more things but I've forgotten all but the most recent attempt.

Any awesome ideas on how to fix this without code editing? If needed I will upload the entire mod in a zip file.
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

gcc
Paladin
Austria

Re: CubeMain + ItemTypes + TreasureClassEx problem

Post by gcc » Wed May 23, 2018 9:07 am

Open Itemratio.txt and change the "magic" column to 0.

Hells_Lord
Paladin
United States of America

Post by Hells_Lord » Wed May 23, 2018 2:54 pm

I want magics rares uniques and sets to drop. I do not want normal items to drop though. I did as you suggested and set the magic column to 0 which did nothing whites are still dropping when I enable normal qualities again.
Now Modding 1.14D

Holder/Bag Item Tutorial

gcc
Paladin
Austria

Post by gcc » Wed May 23, 2018 10:05 pm

The value 0 in itemratio.txt prevents an item from getting downgraded to the next lower quality. If you enable the white items again by changing the value to something larger than 0, they will drop ofc.

Return to “General Mod Making”