Latest D2 version mods?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Carnaxus
United States of America

Latest D2 version mods?

Post by Carnaxus » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:46 pm

Hi everyone. I've been playing Diablo 2 for years, and finally got around to making an account here. I've been poking around, looking for a continuation or remake or similar mod to one of my 1.09d favorites: Expanded Stash/Item Drop (What, I kinda like playing on easy mode :P). I found the Perfect Drop Mod, but its latest version is slightly behind the most current Diablo 2 version, which led to a few of the fully custom items having the wrong names and no stats (I have an item named "%s is now ignored"). To make matters worse, the Downloads section here only goes to 1.13. Is there a good place to look for mods for the absolute latest Diablo 2 version?

Also, I tried to use D2SE, but it only goes to 1.13 as well. I wound up putting the latest Perfect Drop Mod files into my patch_d2.mpq manually, which is how I wound up with a mostly working mod other than the screwy names of a few things as mentioned above.

Any help anyone can give is incredibly much appreciated :)

P.S. Is the Discord .verifyimreal thing broken or am I just doing it wrong? .verifyimreal Carnaxus doesn't seem to be working.

Edit:

Thank you Kingpin for sorting out Discord permissions for me! :)

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Re: Latest D2 version mods?

Post by Xaphan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Most modders work on versions 1.10 to 1.13 because thoses are the version with the most tools, code editing and plugin that work with. Some have ported their mods to 1.14 but this version is a major rework, mainly on the code editing and plugin sides, so not everyone can do it.

I'll speak for myself : I am still modding on 1.10 and probably will continue because there is way too much potential lost when it comes to upgrading to 1.14.

All in all, it will be way harder for you to play mods on 1.14 than it would be on basically every older version.

Return to “General Mod Making”