Shadow Warrior skills?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Jaygore
Paladin

Shadow Warrior skills?

Post by Jaygore » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:23 pm

Hey there, is there anyway to turn off the shadow warriors ability to use whichever skills you use? I like using warriors with other classes and don't want them using sorc skills or zon skills etc, so how can I turn this off?

Thanks!

Jaygore
Paladin

Re: Shadow Warrior skills?

Post by Jaygore » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Ogodei wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:44 pm
Nope. It's coded in her AI ( ' ShadowWarrior ' ). she will mimic every skill you have, regardless of those skills being oskills or class skills.
Ahh damn! Okay thanks for the response.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:43 am

After messing around a bit, I did manage to find a way that sort of works. Unfortunately, no normal restrictions work (state requirements, weapon requirements, delays). However, they will not cast a skill if the "summon" or "pettype" columns contain "shadowwarrior" or "shadowmaster". This means that you can prevent the use of every single non-summoning skill in the game without issues. And if you are willing to make some graphical sacrifices, you can get away with using shadowwarrior as a pettype for most summons, with the only unresolved issues being druid and necromancer summons.

EDIT: Shadow warriors can't use auras either, so you could turn all your summoning skills into auras so that only you can summon.

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:26 am

@Cypress,
Nice finding :) I tested it and it works. The only issue tho is that while you have the excluded skill in your mouse buttons the Shadow Warrior will simply use the regular attack, but that's how her AI is coded.

@Jaygore,

Found the fix , which is:

set ALL of your character skills 'MonMode' column to NU

with this fix the Warrior won't be able to cast any skill and just use regular attacks. This is because the Shadow Warrior receives her skills from the player, and without having a skill mode defined by MonStats (skMode#) she retrieves the mode to use from MonMode in skills.txt (the same applies to the Shadow Master).
Let me know!

Return to “General Mod Making”