Removing sets

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

oli25

Removing sets

Post by oli25 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:13 pm

Hi, whats the best way to remove certain set from the game? Setting its rarity to 0 or just deleting all its entries from setitems.txt?
EDIT: I would like to do it without breaking other set items in the game, I have noticed that removing cells in excel and moving other sets up breaks them up, atleats for the chars that already had them before

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Re: Removing sets

Post by devurandom » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:15 am

safest way might be set rarity to value that never spawns.
deleting rows in setitems.txt is likely to cause headaches..
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

oli25

Post by oli25 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:06 pm

so you mean setting the rarity value to 0?
but why do unique items have "enabled" option then when they could just have rarity value set to 0?
also leaving cells empty for the removed sets seems to work just fine... isn't it a good solution?

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:37 pm

Removing entries is fine, rarity is more or less chance to spawn, meaning if one unique/set item of the same type has rarity 2 and the other 98, then the first will spawn 2 out of 100 times.
IIRC setting rarity to 0 doesn't actually ensure that the quality item will not spawn.

Removing entries from sets/setitems/uniques has no downsides, as there is nothing hardcode related (as in, hardcoded row lookups and of the like).
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

oli25

Post by oli25 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:03 am

Yeah, I searched for more information and setting rarity to 0 in v1.10+ automaticaly sets it to 1 so it doesn't work.
As for removing entries, when i deleted whole rows(which moved all the rest of sets up in the table) it made all the sets that my chars had bugged or deleted them complately.
But when i left the rows for deleted sets empty, without moving other sets up in the table, it works just fine, turning removed sets into evil force and all the other sets untouched.
So why does removing rows corrupt all the sets? And does leaving them blank not break anything?

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:22 am

Not sure, but it's always best measure to remove any items that could possibly conflict. I don't ever test my items with a fully loaded character anyway so I can't say for sure why that would happen, but I can guarantee if you were to strip all sets away from your char, there wouldn't be any issues down the line.

oli25

Post by oli25 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:34 am

so that means saying goodbye to all the set items that i have collected before editing setitems.txt? Damn thats harsh, not sure if I want to do it now, I just wanted to remove useless sets and leave only elite ones...
Ok so the thing I have noticed is that Milabrega armor which is originally in 26th row changes into item that takes 26th row so in my case after editing its trang-oul helm, and Tal rasha amy which is originally in 80 row disapairs because there is no longer entry in 80 row after editing.
So it seems I have 2 options:
-leaving removed sets rows blank -> not sure if it doesn't break something
-removing whole rows and finding all the set items again

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:52 am

I guess then, the best workaround to what you want to achieve would be changing the lvl to something like 110, ensuring that it would be impossible for a monster to drop. (think of anni/torch)

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:09 am

Rarity = 0 will only exclude it from armor/weapon racks

SoJ's only have 15 rarity and hardly ever drop.
can set rarity to 999.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

oli25

Post by oli25 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:23 am

Black_Eternity wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:52 am
I guess then, the best workaround to what you want to achieve would be changing the lvl to something like 110, ensuring that it would be impossible for a monster to drop. (think of anni/torch)
But would it prevent it from being gambled?
devurandom wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:09 am
can set rarity to 999.
999? But the higher the value of rarity is the more often the item drops

I've got a new solution now, I can create new elite sets in place of the sets I want to remove, without moving the ones I want to keep.

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:59 am

oli25 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:23 am
But would it prevent it from being gambled?
Gambling ilvl's (or qlvl?) have some kind of formula linked to the character level, I think it's something like -5/clvl/+5 if I recall correctly.
So in theory it should prevent it from being gambled, but the best way to find out would be to just test it out for yourself. ;)

oli25

Post by oli25 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:10 am

So basicly setting the lvl to 110 will make it impossible to get these sets in any legal way?
Ok, I wil give it a try ;) thanks

Return to “General Mod Making”