Act bosses drop

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

oli25

Act bosses drop

Post by oli25 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:04 pm

I would like to do following things with act bosses drop:
-provent them from dropping uniques (if not possible then provent from dropping any random item at all)
-force them to drop certain item that only they can drop, and to be different on different difficulty.
Does it require some advanced code editing? I mean the proventing and forcing to drop part.

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Re: Act bosses drop

Post by jessedazebra » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:51 pm

You should check TreasureClassEx.txt File Guide, all the things you mentioned in your post are pretty much doable in this file. Take a look at ROP (H) line in this file, it has 100% chance to drop Annihilus after you kill Uber Diablo.

Fawahar

Post by Fawahar » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:41 pm

Its actually easy txt editing which will take you like 5 minutes.

Open TreasureClassEx.txt, in there you will find the act bosses listed separately for each difficulty. Delete all the drops and list only your items. It should look like this - example for Baal:

As I look into the cave
The fog doth fill my eyes
Inside lies the answer
A cause for my demise

oli25

Post by oli25 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:50 am

Awesome! Thanks for your answers guys!

Whats the difference between Baal and Baalq ?
edit: Test showed that Baalq is when the quest is done, is that correct?

I also want the certain item to drop only from the certain boss on certain difficulty and be unfindable elsewhere, so what else should I do? Would be nice if you would tell me the solution for misc item and unique item.
edit:
-for misc item the solution is to set spawnable to 0 right?
-what about unique item?

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Post by jessedazebra » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:16 am

Baalq - drops from Baal when the quest is not done yet.
Baal - drops from Baal when the quest is already done.
So, this "q" on every boss means quest drops, it has, for example, less crap to be dropped. You can compare Baal and Baalq and you'll see ;)
If you list your item only in Baal (H), it will only drop from Baal on Hell and nowhere else. Doesn't matter if it's either misc or unique.
IIRC, set spawnable to 0 in misc.txt will prevent this item to be sold by vendors.

Fawahar

Post by Fawahar » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:39 am

oli25 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:50 am
-for misc item the solution is to set spawnable to 0 right?

Leave spawnable 1, If your item is listed in either misc.txt, armor.txt, or weapons.txt, but make sure you remove all unwanted drop references in TreasureClassEx.txt. Let's say that your item is random perfect gem. Then you must find and remove lines in TreasureClassEx.txt containing gpy, gpb, gpg, and so on... just leaving the codes to exist in the fields of your desired boss, who would be the solely one to drop it.
oli25 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:50 am
-what about unique item?
You do not need to change anything in UniqueItems.txt, unless your desired item is Unique itself. Then you must add it - check at the Knowledge base for the UniqueItems.txt guides. As well in that case you must add the number 1024 in TreasureClassEx.txt - at the third column if I reckon it right, which is named ''Unique'', so the item always drops an unique version.
As I look into the cave
Inside lies the answer
A cause for my demise

oli25

Post by oli25 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:35 am

Well I tested drop on Andariel after I had the quest done and she dropped the item listed on Andarielq not Andariel, so that's a bug?
You do not need to change anything in UniqueItems.txt, unless your desired item is Unique itself. Then you must add it - check at the Knowledge base for the UniqueItems.txt guides. As well in that case you must add the number 1024 in TreasureClassEx.txt - at the third column if I reckon it right, which is named ''Unique'', so the item always drops an unique version
I tried to force Andariel to drop Annihilus but she dropped a magic charm. That's because of item level right? So to make a boss drop always unique charm that only he can drop I would have to provent other monsters from dropping charms at all right? I can't use the Annihilus method with high item level becase of bosses monster level which is low. So the solution is delete charm references from other monsters and then force charm to drop on boss.

Fawahar

Post by Fawahar » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:26 am

Idk which version you're modding at, but at some cases such problem might be due to the fact that the item you want to make unique does not have allowance to spawn as such. The solution is to go itemtypes.txt. or misc.txt (depending) and find the type of item and when it indicates the possibility for uniqueness change the value from 0 to 1.

example for small charm, in 1.09 is the column after the sounds in misc.txt:
As I look into the cave
Inside lies the answer
A cause for my demise

oli25

Post by oli25 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:50 pm

It's patch 1.13c. But I have copied the entries in TreasureClassEx.txt from ROP(diablo clone) intro Anderiel to test it out and instead of Annihilus she dropped magic small charm. Diablo clone drops it.
I have checked out misc.txt and its has 0 values for unique for all charm types while all of them actually drop unique (gheed, torch, anni). So this isn't the case.

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Post by jessedazebra » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:07 pm

Because lvl of Annihilus is 110, and Hell Andariel is only lvl 75.

oli25

Post by oli25 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:39 pm

jessedazebra wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:07 pm
Because lvl of Annihilus is 110, and Hell Andariel is only lvl 75.
Right, that's why I cannot do new charms the way Anni is done, but if I set the item level lower other monster will drop it also. That's why the solution I mentioned early is to provent charms to drop at all from other monsters, which is actually good for me as I don't like magic charms and wanted to get rid of them anyway. This way only unique charms that drop from bosses will last.

Return to “General Mod Making”