Modding Diablo 2 1.14?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Jaygore
Paladin

Modding Diablo 2 1.14?

Post by Jaygore » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:11 am

Hey all, I was hoping this is possible. I just wanna make some minor changes to skills, monstats, unique items, etc.
Im playing on version 1.14 and somehow I managed to extract all the txt files from the d2exp.mpq. I put the folder in the diablo 2 directory and changed the target path in the game load to -direct -txt. None of my changes are applying. Could someone gimme a hand please :)?

Thanks,

Jaygore

Jaygore
Paladin

Re: Modding Diablo 2 1.14?

Post by Jaygore » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:44 am

There isn't a data folder in patch_d2 :/

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Post by Ogodei » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:07 am

There is. Probably you're not using the correct listfile txt.
What you need to do is finding the txt's inside the patch_mpq data/global/excel, then create a "Data/Global/Excel/" folder inside your Diablo II directory in which you will put the txt's . After that you run D2 with the -direct-txt command.

Jaygore
Paladin

Post by Jaygore » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:28 am

Yes, I do know that much. Which is why I used the MPQeditor to grab the data folder from d2exp.mpq.
The issues is, when I open the patch_d2.mpq there are a bunch of neutral files but no data folder.

Jaygore
Paladin

Post by Jaygore » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:38 am

Thank you!!! it worked :D!!!

arnonum
Germany

Post by arnonum » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:22 pm

Hello :-)

Its been a very long time since I last played and modded diablo II. I thought it should be easy to get into it again. I remember how I did edit the text files. But I cant seem to find how to extract the files to the data folder. I am using patch 14d and PlugY version 14.03.

Is there a tutorial / howto somewhere?
Which program do I use to extract to \data\global\excel\? And where do I find it?

Edit:
Finally found the relevant pages:

The "Beginners toolkit" for modding is a little hard to find. Its shown when you click on "Tools" in the File Center section:
downloadsystemcat?id=1

The program for extracting the txt-files:

MPQ View v1.1b

In the download-section for Tools - File Inserting/Extracting:
downloadsystemcat?id=13

I had the same problem with the MPQ Viewer as explained (and solved) here:
viewtopic.php?t=65537

...after opening the datafile: "listfile.txt" first and then open archive "patch_d2.mpq" it finally worked :-)

Greetings and happy XMas ;-)
Arno

(another question: I dont remember the name of my old account here. How can I get a new password when I only know the email-adress I used to register earlier?)

Return to “General Mod Making”