Robins continuous thread, all kinds of topics

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

linkert
Sweden

Robins continuous thread, all kinds of topics

Post by linkert » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:40 am

I have lots of questions and opening up new posts for each questions seems unpopular. So I've decided to convert this thread to a continuous thread where I post all my questions. I always try searching for answers before I ask questions. I do look through the Knowledge Base in search for answers but it's not always so clear.

:mrgreen: :arrow: Please look towards end of thread for most recent discussions :mrgreen: :arrow:

Previous thread name: "Scrolls to stack themselves upon purchase"

Greetings!

Oddly enough It has taken me 15 years of on and off with D2LOD to start researching D2 modding, I've read the beginners PDF and I'm feeling pumped!

So i thought I'd start off with a small change. I want to remove the Tome of Town portal because I find it odd to tare out pages out of a book and inserting rolled up scrolls into it once it's empty. I want regular Scroll of Town portal to be stackable.

Went into misc.txt and managed to have it be stackable but it does not stack automatically when I purchase from vendor. They end up one by one in the inventory and I'm forced to stack them myself. It should behave like the key where they stack onto itself until it has reached max quantity. Ideas?

Edit: 1.14d

Thanks
Robin
Last edited by linkert on Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nizari
Site Admin
Paladin
Poland

Re: Scrolls to stack themselves upon purchase

Post by Nizari » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:20 am

Compare your rows with rows of "key". You can't do anything more without code edit. If you want to display the quantity of scrolls in stack, you have to add spelldesc.

Let me advice you something out of the topic. If you are sure you want to get yourself into modding permanently, then I HIGHLY recommend to choose 1.10 or 1.13c game version to work with.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:36 am

The auto-stacking for scrolls and scrolls into books is actually hardcoded; what might be better is changing all the books to look like their corresponding scrolls, and removing the normal scrolls from dropping (I think that books will auto stack with books, been a while since I have checked this; else you will need to stack them manually which means you are back to square one. In which cause you might find it easier to change the visuals so they aren't books.)
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

linkert
Sweden

Post by linkert » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:21 am

Nizari wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:20 am
Compare your rows with rows of "key". You can't do anything more without code edit. If you want to display the quantity of scrolls in stack, you have to add spelldesc.

Let me advice you something out of the topic. If you are sure you want to get yourself into modding permanently, then I HIGHLY recommend to choose 1.10 or 1.13c game version to work with.
Yup, I realized this.

Thing is, blizzard have done something as they released 1.14 which makes things harder to roll back as the usual swapping of game.exe and then running patch installer will cause d2data corruption error. I'll look into it and I see people suggesting to mod for older versions but less explaining why you would want to run older patches.
Necrolis wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:36 am
The auto-stacking for scrolls and scrolls into books is actually hardcoded; what might be better is changing all the books to look like their corresponding scrolls, and removing the normal scrolls from dropping (I think that books will auto stack with books, been a while since I have checked this; else you will need to stack them manually which means you are back to square one. In which cause you might find it easier to change the visuals so they aren't books.)
Tried it, tomes does not diapare when they reach quantity 0 which is an issue. I'll have to put this mod on hold for now until I'm cofortable with modifying the code.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Re: Robins continuous thread, all kinds of topics

Post by Necrolis » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:22 pm

linkert wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:21 am
Thing is, blizzard have done something as they released 1.14 which makes things harder to roll back as the usual swapping of game.exe and then running patch installer will cause d2data corruption error. I'll look into it and I see people suggesting to mod for older versions but less explaining why you would want to run older patches.
This is due to the MPQ's, GalaxyHaxz has a fix for this on the forums.
linkert wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:21 am
Tried it, tomes does not diapare when they reach quantity 0 which is an issue. I'll have to put this mod on hold for now until I'm cofortable with modifying the code.
Yeah, that is one issue. Unfortunately the way D2 does stackable items is very brittle.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Return to “General Mod Making”