Super Duper Powerfull Boss

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Specktro
Brazil

Super Duper Powerfull Boss

Post by Specktro » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:35 pm

Hi its me again... Been asking a lot of help and hints I know... But I know I will be of help someday... 😂 (I'm good with graphic stuff if anyone need... And modest...)

Well let me go to my problems...
I want to make a monster realy strong boss, but I'm not being happy with my trials...

I made a copy of Didi Clone (a clone of a clone õ_O), and put some more life... But I don't know if it was a rollover or other bug, but seems that the life decreased instead... Then I tried giving some auras and skills, like thorns, and some other stuff I tried as well... Buuut..
In the end of all I always have products like, a boss that always hit kill my toon, or a boss that is easy to solo...

I make my mod to play with my brother and some friends (we are 5 in all), and I want build a boss that could give us some trouble to kill, but killable... Does anyone has any ideas?
Almost finishing my mod, I post it somewhere and provide a link when done... And gonna give credits for everyone that helped me til now.. (if its not against forum rules...)

thanks!
Be Xtreme!

Nizari
Site Admin
Paladin
Poland

Re: Super Duper Powerfull Boss

Post by Nizari » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:56 pm

Take this object and open it with MS Excel 2010 or newer one. It will calculate your monster "toughness" (how much damage of each type he can take before dying).
MIN HP and MAX HP stands for minHp and maxHp from MonStats.txt, MONLVL HP stands for L-HP from MonLvl.txt (remember to type correct ammount for your monster's level). REAL MIN HP and REAL MAX HP are calc fields which you can't edit, they will show the real (after all calculations) HP of a monster. RESIST fields stands for ResDm, ResMa, ResFi, ResLi, ResCo, ResPo from MonStats.txt respectively. TOUGHNESS'es are calc fields that will show you, as I said, how much damage your monster can take before he dies.
Attachments
monster toughness calc.xls
(29 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

Specktro
Brazil

Post by Specktro » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:55 am

Nizari, Thank you very much... So nice ppl spend time build those kind of tools...
Be Xtreme!

Nizari
Site Admin
Paladin
Poland

Post by Nizari » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:27 am

You are welcome. In case of minHp, maxHp and L-HP, remember about difficulty levels, as there are also (N) and (H) variations of these fields.

Return to “General Mod Making”