Inner Sight w/ -dmg resist?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Jaygore

Inner Sight w/ -dmg resist?

Post by Jaygore » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:23 am

Hey all, is this possible?

I managed to make Lower Resist -magic resistances, so now I was hoping I could do he same but with Inner Sight and physical resistances. I tried mimicking Amplify damage parameters and yet it didn't work. Hope someone could help me :)

Cypress

Re: Inner Sight w/ -dmg resist?

Post by Cypress » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:49 am

Something about Inner Sight is making it behave unusually. I did a few tests:

(1) Added in damageresist into aurastat2, with -ac in aurastat1
Result: No change in physical resistance

(2) Replaced aurastat1 with damageresist
Result: Reduced physical resistance

(3) Replaced aurastat1 with coldresist and aurastat2 with damageresist
Result: Reduced cold resistance

It seems that for whatever reason, Inner Sight only reads aurastat1. If having just physical resistance reduced is good enough, then you should be fine. If you want multiple stats to be debuffed simultaneously, you'll want to look into other skills. I'd recommend cloning Battle Cry and changing it to act like Inner Sight (aside from the only one aurastat issue) by making the missiles invisible, making the missile velocity super fast and changing the auratargetstate to Inner Sight.

Jaygore

Post by Jaygore » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:14 am

Hmm interesting. I now the Eastern Sun mod, they were able to do it. Wonder how they managed it without any issues.

Cypress

Post by Cypress » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:26 am

You can actually just change SrvDoFunc from 6 to 30 for Inner Sight and it will allow it to have additional aurastats, which brings into question why anyone would even use SrvDoFunc 6 at all.

And for Eastern Sun, from what I can tell, original Eastern Sun did not have functioning -physical resistance% Inner Sight, despite the expectations of its creator. I went ahead and cloned Inner Sight from the original Eastern Sun, and found that it did not change resistances. This was fixed in Eastern Sun Rises, which I would guess used some other SrvDoFunc:

From https://github.com/LoDAlphA/Eastern-Sun ... readme.txt:
"fixed Inner Sight -% Damage Reduce, technically it is working as a curse now, so it can overwrite or
be overwritten by such"

Jaygore

Post by Jaygore » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:19 pm

Ohhh even more interesting! Well thank you very much for your help.

Return to “General Mod Making”