Need help with recipe

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Rexxar

Need help with recipe

Post by Rexxar » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:44 pm

I use this plugin and I'm trying to create a recipe to roll gcs directly from bag.
I'd appreciate some help, thanks in advance.

I found this requires advanced CE because of the item level problem and adding a new mod item to recipe will read only first input of the recipe.
Last edited by Rexxar on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kellyphymn
Virgin Islands (USA)

Read more

Post by Kellyphymn » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:09 am

Assuming this is a real question, you simply use the READ command to get input from a user, and the WRITE command to prompt with the old value.

Rexxar

Re: Need help with recipe

Post by Rexxar » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:01 pm

Kellyphymn, mind elaborating this according to the progress I posted so far?

can anyone help?

Barrgaming

Post by Barrgaming » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:14 am

I havent done modding in a while but.. maybe I can help you out.

I assume that if you are using a gembag type system in your mod.. you have the extractors items at like gheed?
Why not do something like this...

GC + Extractor (of whatever type) = Rerolled GC + gembag (with -3 to the stat of pgem of the extractor) Use cube ops "19 item stat(param) < value" (fail recipe if)

This would save you from having to make extra "items" to store gc info, etc... and would fail safe against abuse of trying to use it with no Pgems stored. You might just have to test to see if that is the correct cubeops... again... havent fooled around with D2modding for a while.

Rexxar

Post by Rexxar » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:43 am

Barrgaming, thanks for your help. Yes, using this one viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62283&p=482784 and the extractor items are being sold by npcs like charsi, gheed.

Shouldn't I combine the GC + Gembag (taken from my inventory) and not the extractor? Since I want for the rolling to take the 3 gems out of the bag on each transmute.
If I'm transmuting the gc+extractor into rolled gc+gembag, where will the gembag come from exactly? Sounds like a new gembag will be generated instead of using the one from my inventory that has the collected gems inside.

Barrgaming

Post by Barrgaming » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:59 am

Sorry, that is what I meant.

GC + Gembag + Extractor = Gc rerolled + Gembag -3 to (pgem of extractor type) stat

the only negative doing it this way would be that all 3 pgems would have to be the same unless you do like a cubemain line for every combination of extractor.. which is a huge waste of the file limit of cubemain.txt

Return to “General Mod Making”