Replacement idea for Sin MA skills?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Ensley03
United States of America

Replacement idea for Sin MA skills?

Post by Ensley03 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:39 am

Has anyone ever come up with a good idea for getting rid of the progressive skills and replacing them with something less annoying to use? I'd really like to play them as something different.

DreamSavior

Re: Replacement idea for Sin MA skills?

Post by DreamSavior » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:11 pm

Same problem here I want some new skills for my vanilla mod planning to leave only Dragon talon and dragon flight from that tree but I lack replacement ideas .. :/

mmpx222
Paladin
Korea South

Post by mmpx222 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:45 pm

How about a Frenzy / Feral Rage clone that synergizes with Dragon Talon? You build up "kick rage" (a dummy stat) by attacking with the Frenzy clone. The kick rage stat massively boosts Dragon Talon's damage, but also increases the number of kicks; once you start kicking, you'll be stuck there for a while.

The playstyle would be very opportunistic. Build up enough rage until your next Dragon Talon becomes a flurry of death. Then release the kicks at an opportune moment. Playe wisely and you kill everyone. Make a mistake and you die. High risk, high reward fun.
D2TXT / D2INI - Python scripts for editing TXT files, or converting between TXT ↔ INI files

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:34 pm

If you want to make charge-ups less annoying, then turn them into auras. It makes it so the skill automatically attacks in conjunction with your normal attacks. As a result, you will automatically build charges.

mmpx222
Paladin
Korea South

Post by mmpx222 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:22 pm

Cypress wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:34 pm
If you want to make charge-ups less annoying, then turn them into auras. It makes it so the skill automatically attacks in conjunction with your normal attacks. As a result, you will automatically build charges.
Interesting! How do charge-up auras work? Do they build up automatically even when you're idle, walking, or running? Do they build up every 2 seconds (PerDelay) or on every basic attack? Is it possible to make charge-up auras using Assassin's martial arts charge-ups only, or also with Barbarian's Frenzy / Druid's Feral Rage and Maul?
D2TXT / D2INI - Python scripts for editing TXT files, or converting between TXT ↔ INI files

Return to “General Mod Making”