How do I recolor potions?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

mmpx222
Paladin
Korea South

How do I recolor potions?

Post by mmpx222 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:36 am

I'm trying to create copies of health and mana potions with different color tints, so that they can be easily distinguished from regular health & mana potions. However, no matter what values I put in InvTrans or Transform in misc.txt , the potions stay the same original red and blue. I've tried integers from 1 to 8 and several color codes, such as oran, bwht, lblu, dblu, etc. with no success.

How do I change the color of my potions? Do I need to actually go into image editing?

PS. Is there a tool for extracting *.DC6 files with palettes that works on Windows 10?
D2TXT / D2INI - Python scripts for editing TXT files, or converting between TXT ↔ INI files

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Re: How do I recolor potions?

Post by Ogodei » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:25 am

Hello.

If I remember correctly, both SixDice and DC6 Creator work on Windows 10. SixDice allows to recolor item images pretty easily, but it's all about HUE/Saturation/Brightness modification. If you want to only change a part of the image, you might want to delve into image editing.

mmpx222
Paladin
Korea South

Re: How do I recolor potions?

Post by mmpx222 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:35 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Though I was hoping for a 100% text editing solution
D2TXT / D2INI - Python scripts for editing TXT files, or converting between TXT ↔ INI files

Return to “General Mod Making”