Adding "Death-Skill" to Uniques or Champions

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

ShakaLaka
Germany

Adding "Death-Skill" to Uniques or Champions

Post by ShakaLaka » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:02 am

Is it possible to give all Uniques, Super-Uniques, or Champions a chance of having a Death-Skill? The Death-Skill summons a Rune-Dropping-Goblin from https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=65242.
Context: Giving a 1% Chance for the Death-Skill by MonProp to all monsters seems too high (1 Rune-Dropping-Goblin per 100 monsters killed). So I either want to limit the chance to champions/ uniques only or reduce the chance below 1 %. My target is 1 Rune-Dropping-Goblin per Act on average if the monsters and quests are not skipped.

Nizari
Site Admin
Paladin
Poland

Re: Adding "Death-Skill" to Uniques or Champions

Post by Nizari » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:31 am

Copy all monsters from monstats.txt and monstats2.txt, give them new id's and names. Use them as champions, uniques and super uniques via levels.txt. Finally give them the desired monprop and you are home.

ShakaLaka
Germany

Re: Adding "Death-Skill" to Uniques or Champions

Post by ShakaLaka » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:44 am

Thanks :D . I was thinking about something like this, but forgot that you can choose which monsters spawn as unique/ champion and which don't.

Return to “General Mod Making”