How can i add Piercing Information to a new skill?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

bigbywolf
Argentina

How can i add Piercing Information to a new skill?

Post by bigbywolf » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:03 pm

Hello

I'm new to the forum.

I've created a druid skill called Elemental Mastery which adds 50% percent fire damage and 8 fire damage per level to all fire skills. i also wanted to add piercing attack and i think i got it working, but... i am not able to make it available in the display of the skill.
Can someone help me with this issue? what lines to edit in skilldesc.txt? am i missing something?
In descline1 i have 2, desctexta1: Strskill5, desctextb1 StrSkill23, Desccalca1 ln12.
That defines the fire damage per level in a percentage. now i filled the next column called
descline2, with information i think is correct about piercing damage:
descline2: 7
desctexta2: StrSkill5
desctextb2: StrSkill23

Thanks for reading! 8-O

mmpx222
Paladin
Korea South

Re: How can i add Piercing Information to a new skill?

Post by mmpx222 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:29 pm

By "piercing", you mean passive_fire_pierce, correct? You're supposed to put the value in desccalcaX. For example:

Code: Select all

descline2 = 7
desctexta2 = StrSkill2
desccalca2 = <put your formula here>
Also, you might want use a different value for desclineX so that the tooltip displays "Enemy Fire Resistance: -X%" instead of just "X percent". Check out the SkillDesc.txt guide for more information.
D2TXT / D2INI - Python scripts for editing TXT files, or converting between TXT ↔ INI files

Return to “General Mod Making”