Increase default loot drop cap above 6.

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

shawnmick
United States of America

Increase default loot drop cap above 6.

Post by shawnmick » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:25 am

Hello I am an extremely unactive member of this modding community i have been doing basic memory edits and text edits for a few years but im trying to do something a little more involved now

IDEA
I have seen others increase the number of loot items a mob can drop by equiping items in their inventory. I would like to do this with a dll edit that increases the cap of this to maybe 10-30. id like to make it so that there are more items to be excited about but i need help trying to figure out if this is possible and if so how i would go about learning how to do this. i don't read assembly so im not sure how to find this information in the dll myself.
QUESTION
Is there a dll edit method that would allow me to increase the max drop cap up to 30 items per mod.
ANSWER
None as of yet 1/30/2019

Thanks so much in advance!

Ensley03
United States of America

Re: Increase default loot drop cap above 6.

Post by Ensley03 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:37 pm

I don't have an immediate fix but I know the Goblin Plugin contains a feature which allows them to drop more than 6 items by essentially spawning an invisible monster who dies instantly which gives the appearance of the goblin himself dropping more than 6 items. You could download the plugin, see how the files work, and try to work it in for yourself for monsters of your choosing. Just remember to give Nizari props for his hard work. I hope this at least gives you some ideas.

shawnmick
United States of America

Post by shawnmick » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:22 am

Thanks i saw that method and if in unable to find something then i will definately implement that the way i saw that it works is you equip and item on the mob that has an affix but id rather try to simply overide teh general rule so as to affect all mobs

thaison
Paladin
Vietnam

Post by thaison » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:35 am

[1.13c]

[D2Game - 0x123DA]

- You just need to change the number 6

Code: Select all

6FC323D7  |. C745 2C 060000>MOV     DWORD PTR SS:[EBP+2C], 6

karlock

Post by karlock » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:25 am

thaison wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:35 am
[1.13c]

[D2Game - 0x123DA]

- You just need to change the number 6

6FC323D7  |. C745 2C 060000>MOV     DWORD PTR SS:[EBP+2C], 6
Thanks!

Porting to 1.13d, D2GAME+0xE4067 :D

6FD04067		MOV	[ebp + 0x2C], 0x06

shawnmick
United States of America

Post by shawnmick » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:07 pm

thaison You kick ass my man

shawnmick
United States of America

Post by shawnmick » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:44 pm

so i adjusted this number to 64 and have players command at 100 and still seem to only get 6 drops

shawnmick
United States of America

Post by shawnmick » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:52 pm

ok so i also set this number to 1 and it only dropped 1 item i believe the issue here is the no drop code not allowing another item to drop cause they roll no drop is there a way to fix this?

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:26 am

First, please edit your post instead, it will still mark the topic unread for other users.

Second, just doing the code edit isn't the only thing you need to do. You also need to edit the treasureclass so it loops through them more times.
You can test this easily by dropping a TC with -10 in the picks column. Dropping too many items could also potentially lead to errors or unexpected side effects.
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

shawnmick
United States of America

Post by shawnmick » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:25 am

thanks you so much i really appreciate the help im very new to this but i feeel like i have some cool idea so im excited to implement them but am very unexperienced with specifically assembly code and d2 mods. haha how is it that these lines in assembly are found?

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:42 pm

They already gave you the code edit, the rest is txt work.

shawnmick
United States of America

Post by shawnmick » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:35 pm

Yes i understand and i appreciate your help. what i was asking is if there was a repo for these code edits to be found or are they found by reading the code. and whichever one where could i go to learn how to find these code edits myself. so like if i wanted to change the code for a specific edit i wanted to make, how would i go about finding that edit for myself. is it all written somewhere or is there a method of breaking down the code? do you have to read the assembly?

shawnmick
United States of America

Post by shawnmick » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:36 pm

Also just for others i found that there are 4 different treasureclass.txt files that came with my diablo 2 .txt pack . so if you are struggling make sure that you are using the correct text file to edit your version make sure you are editing the right one.

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:39 am

Again, edit your posts please.

If you are looking into to finding code yourself, you'll need to learn how to read and reverse assembly code.
There is no repo, use the search function -> code editing forum to try and locate code. Every version has a different address, but most of the time you can track it down in another version pretty
easily if you observe the surrounding code.

Return to “General Mod Making”