Which patch version should I use?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

ectorzage
United States of America

Which patch version should I use?

Post by ectorzage » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:53 pm

Hello all,

I'm in the process of deciding if I want to change D2 versions to accomplish the SP game that I want to play. I have a 1.10f version that works very close to what I'm after with one issue - no uber tristram. I do use a few D2Mod-based dlls, but have encoutered trouble porting them over to the 1.11b and 1.13c "Test Mods" that I'm building.

What I'm trying to build in my ideal game:
* -txt based option
* -uber tristram
* -diablo clone event (handled by plugy)
* -be able to run D2mod dlls

Is this currently possible? Would I need to hit the books and learn any coding? Any advice would be appreciated since this is feeling a bit over my head at the moment.

Ogodei
Senior Moderator
Angel
Italy

Hand-picked

Re: Which patch version should I use?

Post by Ogodei » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:13 pm

Hello,

I would then suggest you to use 1.10f as that's the version D2mod uses . Uber tristram is replicable in 1.10f through modding anyway (and without requiring coding knowledge), and IIRC the version I'm suggesting you has by far the largest support out of all the other ones.

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Post by jessedazebra » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:19 pm

In addition I'd suggest you to look on this plugin which supports v1.13c, v1.13d v1.14d versions of the game and also supports D2SE.

Nizari
Site Admin
Paladin
Poland

Post by Nizari » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:56 pm

After 10 years of working on 1.13c, I have moved to 1.10f, there isn't any other game version with soo much code and plugins support. Also, soon it will have Necrolis' d2gfx driver. I highly reommend 1.10f, without even thinking about anything else.

ectorzage
United States of America

Post by ectorzage » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:42 am

Thank you guys for the quick responses. I spent most of the weekend tinkering and seeing what I can do on 1.10f. I didn't find any easy mods that add in the uber tristram event, but I'm starting to feel more and more confident on eventually making it my self if I don't find something sooner. Cheers to all you cool gals and guys.

Return to “General Mod Making”