Problem with levels.txt entry file

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

hellfreezer

Problem with levels.txt entry file

Post by hellfreezer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:43 am

I am modding the den of evil quest and I am having trouble with the entry file for the den. I made a new dc6 and put it in data/local/ui/eng/act1 and I named it A1L41.dc6. I change the *entryfile* column in levels.txt for the den of evil from A1L9 to A1L41, however it still shows "Entering The Den Of Evil" I'm not sure how this is even possible considering that if I change the *entryfile* column for the Rogue Encampment to my new file it shows up just fine. I saw another thread where someone had this issue with the tower in act 1 and it made me wonder about them both being quest locations, but nobody ever answered or posted if there was a solution found. Has anyone had this same problem or know what the issue could be?

EDIT: Found it in an old code editing thread thanks to jessedazebra, it's hardcoded to A1Q1.dc6. All i did was copy my new file i had placed in data/local/ui/eng/act1 and rename it to A1Q1.
Last edited by hellfreezer on Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

huohuowu2
Paladin
China

Re: Problem with levels.txt entry file

Post by huohuowu2 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:42 am

It looks like haven't loaded your changes.
try to load this with -direct -txt.

hellfreezer

Post by hellfreezer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:48 am

I am using -direct -txt. As an update I used my new file for the den of evil and cave level 1 (den of evil after quest complete.) It shows the file after the quest is finished but during the quest it still shows the Den of Evil entry file. This isn't making any sense, I am wondering if the entry file is over ridden by another file but I haven't been able to locate anything.

jessedazebra
Paladin
Zimbabwe

Post by jessedazebra » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:52 am

I think there might be some hardcoded stuff, I remember there was something related to Den of Evil in Whist's code edits compilation for 1.13c.

hellfreezer

Post by hellfreezer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:21 am

Yeah, I can't find any other possible reason, I wonder if anyone found a code fix for it, I'll look around. Thank you.
I found it, edited original post.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:43 am

When you complete the quest, the den gets renamed, so while the quest is active it uses the hardcoded files, once it completes it reverts to the txt values iirc. I can dig up the edit later if no one else posts it.
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Return to “General Mod Making”