Treasure Goblin Plugin Help

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

ekm5015

Treasure Goblin Plugin Help

Post by ekm5015 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:03 pm

I'm in the process of adding the treasure goblin to my mod. The installation makes sense for everything except the animdata text files found in the individual goblin directories (Do it yourself - All goblins separated\Goblins (tokens, AnimdataLines, individual lines of excel files)\Treasure Goblin\data\global). I assume info in these anim data text files needs to be added to animdata.d2?

Can anyone provide some guidance on what to do with the AnimData lines.txt files? Do i just leave them as is in that directory or do they need to be combined with something else? What program should i use to make any necessary modifications?

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Re: Treasure Goblin Plugin Help

Post by HarvestWombs » Fri May 17, 2019 8:27 pm

The lines need to be copy pasted into animdata.d2, that's the file that handles all the frame data.
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

ekm5015

Post by ekm5015 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:03 pm

Thanks. Thats what i figured; that the text files need to be added to animdata.d2 somehow but i couldnt find a program to edit animdata.d2 with in the file center so i was confused. Nizari helped me out on discord. For anyone else that may run into this issue here is a link to the program for editing animdata.d2.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r4t5zb2vh ... 1.zip/file

Jair

Post by Jair » Fri May 24, 2019 12:12 am

i have a problem !

please help me ! :-|

Nizari
Site Admin
Paladin
Poland

Post by Nizari » Fri May 24, 2019 1:57 pm

That looks like wrong cof file, because as far as I remember, the portals are part of the goblins animation. Are you sure you have copied/implemented everything correctly?

Jair

Post by Jair » Sat May 25, 2019 12:56 am

Install everything again.
Clean installation.

Continues the error of the image :oops:

Jair

Post by Jair » Sat May 25, 2019 3:39 am

The problem is these 2 files.

Jair

Post by Jair » Mon May 27, 2019 6:08 pm

Solved :)

Edit all the images, using the color palette of D2.

Work Fine:
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0xv6csca ... Y.rar/file

JayBrainDead

Post by JayBrainDead » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:22 pm

Since there is already a thread for this plugin, I'll post here even if my problem is unrelated.
I Initially managed to get the gelatinous sire working first then added more and more goblins and by the end all the goblins were working execpt for the gelatinous sire.

Im getting a crash everytime I enter a zone where the Gelatinous sire should be spawning

00:28:02.549 Error opening file: DATA\GLOBAL\MONSTERS\@D\COF\@DDThth.COF
00:28:02.549 Error opening file: DATA\GLOBAL\MONSTERS\@D\COF\@DS2hth.COF

These lines are repeated a couple of times in the log which is weird because these files are not included in the plugin download which makes me think this goblin shouldnt need both animations.

What call these type of files ?
I thought it could be AI settings so I restored them to default and it didnt fix it

=====EDIT======
I fixed a crash that was unrelated but the error opening cof file still happens and ends up crashing my game the nex time I try to create a game
Is AnimData.D2 responsible for calling these files? I'll take a look
=====EDIT2======
Turns out in the default AnimData.D2 there are some extra lines, delete those that cause an an error if you have the same problem

Return to “General Mod Making”