Repeatedly crashing when selecting character.

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Repeatedly crashing when selecting character.

Post by Lady Isabelle » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Crash Log:

I'm using Windows 10, D2SE set to Windowx XP sp3 compatibility. My mod is on 1.10, using various D2Mod Plugins and rebased D2common and initially had 1.13 fixed txt files (with stuff such as ubers mostly removed): viewtopic.php?t=56033

The cause of the crash is consistent, it happens in 1 of 3 instances:

I make an edit to a txt file, then quickly try to select a character. It seems to crash less if I don't do it immediately.
It crashes anyway selecting a character, whether is be through playing for a brief bit (less than 10 minutes) or selecting a character then making a brand new or different character.

If anyone else has had this problem, or knows a potential solution, please let me know.

jerk-o
United States of America

Re: Repeatedly crashing when selecting character.

Post by jerk-o » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:11 am

What txt file did you edit?
(\ /) This is Bunny.
(o.o) Copy Bunny into your signature to help
(><) him on his way to world domination

Lady Isabelle
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
United States of America

Re: Repeatedly crashing when selecting character.

Post by Lady Isabelle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:20 am

jerk-o wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:11 am
What txt file did you edit?
Right now I edited CharStart (d2mod), Charstats, Cubemain, D2RedPortal (d2mod), difficultylevels, experience, hforge (d2mod), inventory, itemstatcost, itemtypes, levels, lvlmaze, lvlprest, magicprefix, magixsuffix, misc, missiles, monseq, monsounds, monstats, monstats2, monumod, nosock (d2mod, currently untouched), overlay, properties, qualityitems, rareprefix, raresuffix, skilldesc, skills, states, superuniques, treasureclassex, and uniqueitems.

Return to “General Mod Making”