Question of the 1st step.

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Burn
South Africa

Re: Question of the 1st step.

Post by Burn » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:12 am

Cypress wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:28 pm
1) hit-skill should work. Make sure that the skill you are using for this has the column ItemEffect set to 1.

it still doesn't work. :(
Cypress wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:28 pm
4) If you don't want to use corpses, then convert your skill to a summon that isn't based off the necroskeleton. Compare what necroskeleton has versus what a summoning skill that doesn't use corpses has and change accordingly. Referring to the Skills.txt guide will make the process easier. In particular, the srvstfunc, srvdofunc, cltstfunc and cltdofunc columns are probably responsible.
Aye, i'm catching the point, alas, none of my efforts seem to work - still, I cannot even select the new skill in the skill bar, just like it's existing but not being available.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:29 am

What skill are you trying to make into an on striking effect via Monprop.txt? It would be best to start off with something simple that should work (i.e. frost nova) so that you can figure out if it is a problem with the skill itself, with applying it via Monprop or if the skill requires special settings to be used on-striking (see the skills.txt guide, under "ITEM-EVENT RELATED SKILL SETTINGS").

As for your skill, it could be that you used the same name for two different skills under the skill column of skills.txt, which will make it so that the last-most skill with that name is broken. If that isn't the problem, then you'll need to either describe what you have done to this skill or post the row for your skill in Skills.txt, using the

Code: Select all

code function
so that I can try and find the issue directly.

Burn
South Africa

Post by Burn » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:41 pm

4 now im trying to make all the summoning skills for my tree; rn i'm working on the basic 1st lvl summoning that will replace necroskeleton. Somehow, I cannot remove corpse requisity from the skill im messing with( summon necroskeleton) , so - as u adviced - i tried to add a new row to the skills, basing on summon druid bear. effects u can c above( summon evil force or so, game named it itself) - skill arrived to the skill tree, replaced summon necroskeleton, skill was on the bar list( S shortcut on the keyboard) but... was untargetable. Same thing happened with other skills like aura, even adding amabow attack.
oft I took care about requisities such as mana amount and lvl req -; still, nothing could make it work.
here u got a row. over there iirc I implemented molten boulder on attack - before, I trief frost nova, blaze, firebolt, bash, amplify dmg, ... none of them worked. mb I'm doing smth wrong, I don't denny, but I wish to know what's that and how to fix it. :(

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:44 pm

Based on what I can see, MonProp.txt should work. But if you can't even select the skill, then how do you expect to know if MonProp.txt is working correctly or not? First fix the skill, then work on MonProp. Try reverting changes you have made to the skill until it works so that you can pinpoint the exact column(s) that result in the issue. If it isn't selectable, then the problem likely comes from Skills.txt. What did you change that caused your skill to suddenly become unselectable?

Burn
South Africa

Post by Burn » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:08 pm

@Cypress, it wasn't ''all the sudden'' change. Keep in mind, that skills *already existing* in char's skill tree r working whilst being modified. the prob appears when it cames to rechange the skill with a new one.

when I tried to put a new skill to the necro tree, a new skill based on summon druid bear, that didn't work. The very same situation took place when I tried to *implement any new skill*.

Can u c the ''evil force'' skill in the previous screen-shots? The one with colem icon? This is the result of my attempts when it came to add any new skill made by my own. And the prob of this matter is *where I made a mistake* - :?:

Burn
South Africa

Post by Burn » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:09 pm

Zeneethelry wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:44 am
What entertaining question
:lol:

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:14 am

Explain the exact process in which you are implementing these new skills. Are you copy pasting it verbatim and leaving the same name in the row "Skill"? Because that is the only issue I can immediately see based on your previous post; your new skill has the first column "Skill" as "Summon Grizzly" which is the same as the actual Summon Grizzly skill, which will break your clone. Name it Summon Grizzly2 or anything that isn't exactly the same as a previous skill.

If this isn't the case, then post the row of your skill again. Just for your reference, this is all I had to do to give the amazon summon grizzly:

Code: Select all

Summon Grizzly2	357	ama	summon grizzly		119																					fireresist	"min(ln78,85)"	coldresist	"min(ln78,85)"	lightresist	"min(ln78,85)"	poisonresist	"min(ln78,85)"															damagepercent	ln12	tohit	skill('Summon Spirit Wolf'.ln12)	item_armor_percent	skill('Summon Spirit Wolf'.ln56)							druidbear	grizzly	1	S1														druid_summon																																1	0		none												SC	SC	xx				1	4																					30	20								1											1	8	40	0	1	1									skill('Summon Fenris'.ln12)	hp %	ulvl	pet lvl					25	% feral add to damage	10	% feral damage per level									0	resist	5	resist/lvl	1	300	20						8		30	10	15	20	26	30	60	10	15	20	26	30																							896	64000
My process:

1) Copy paste desired skill to the very last row
2) Increase column ID to 1 greater than the previous row
3) Change column Skill from Summon Grizzly to Summon Grizzly2
4) Remove the pre-requisite

From what I can tell, you did all of this except for step 3.

Burn
South Africa

Post by Burn » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:24 am

@Cypress , I think I found out what's going on...

Yesterday I discovered that applying a new summon is also connected with MonStats2.txt, so that was the prob of it's animation( and matching animation itself is another case, rn I matched monster that already got animations 4 casting spells) .

So, more and less, my way to apply a new summon is( im working now, cannot check the files atm, so iirc) :

[Skills.txt]
1) creating a new skill - in this step I'm using a ShadowMaster row as a base I coppy into the new row,
1a) adding a n+1 number of ID, renaming it, creating a proper ID name that shall cooperate within all the other .txt-s,
1b) clearing off all of the columns related to other assassin skill
1c) clearing summoning skills esp.,
1d) clearing aurastate where's shadowwarrior morph implemented

2) opening States.txt where I coppy ShadowMaster row and implement it as a new line the the new row
2a) as in point 1 - changing a state into a new one that I imidiately switch in justly removed shadowwarrior aurastate
2b) disguise and hide I revalue to ''0''

3) in MonStats2.txt selecting a row of a monster i like and coppy it into a new row
3a) rename( id esp.)

4) in MonStats.txt, as well, making a new row and coppying ShadowMaster row
4a) renaming, renaming ID to a cooperative with other .txt files one
4b) MonStatEx( or so, i cannot find it in https://www.d2mods.info/forum/kb/viewarticle?a=383, but iirc it's a parm responsible for monster appearance - we have to copy our ID from MonStats2.txt here,
4c) Code = <coppy a choosen monster value from the same column instead there will be no animation displaying at all( that was the base prob before...) >
4d) columns ''InTown" and ''Align" set parm to ''1"

5) in SkillDesc.txt adding a new row and coppy *an already existing skill in a specific skill tree of the character we want the skill to be implemented to*
5a) column A = ID name of a skill
5b) B-E r placing our skill in a proper area of the skill tree
5c) H-K r related to the .tbl file if we create there analogical lines, we can write them here
*( still I have not learned everything about SkillDesc.txt, iok that the rest of the row is related to skill rescription displayied in game)

6) basing on SkillDesc.txt setting, we remove ''char'' value from the existing skill from the skill tree in Skills.txt
**/ ik that adding a new skill to the tree will cause game crushing( all the chars r supposed to have the same amount of skills; this is a reason of why I'm acting like in point no. 6)

// and that should be enough to create a new summoning skill.

Alas...

there's another *problem*
- AI: I discussed with @Ogodei the ways to implement a properly working AI to the summon, though, every my efforts occured to stay futile :(
over here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=63436&p=489428&hili ... ns#p489428 I finaly was directed to solve my stupid no-melee summon AI( ik softcoding ways to remove summon melee tendency, it's not working with my minion - all the time it runs exactly onto closest enemy and than just standing still( with disabled melee) . When I switch it's AI into Imp one it can casts a spells but... randomly) but it seems softcoding part does make me no good at all :( - i don't know anything about hardcoding, so...

could u help me with this plz? :-|

:arrow: Image

Burn
South Africa

Post by Burn » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:52 pm

I gotta question about animations editing in game.
I've added hit hit anim 2 my missile skill, the prob is:
1) animation does not works everyone( *func* is based on *bonespirit*) ,
2) animation got the unexpected background( in GIMP each frame got background set up as a proper alpha layer)

There result of my work is below:

https://cdn-b-east.streamable.com/video ... 1569252360

My questions r:
A) How to solve the chance to apply of my animation and set it 2 100%,
B) How to remove the background;

:?:

Burn
South Africa

Post by Burn » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:16 am

*) I gotta question about missile animation. I want 2 switch anim into a monster from Infinity resources via *CelFile* column. Move func 7/7, Hit func = 13/10. Game crushes even I rechange into original *CelFile* - sup?

**) Is it possible to mix missiles Move func and Hit func basing on two different skills? For example is i want 2 creat auto-targeting frozen orb type missile, can their movement function be mixed with hit function all together? If so, how than I'm supposed 2 achieve it?

Burn
South Africa

Post by Burn » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:18 am

*) I gotta question about missile animation. I want 2 switch anim into a monster from Infinity resources via *CelFile* column. Move func 7/7, Hit func = 13/10. Game crushes even I rechange into original *CelFile* - sup?

**) Is it possible to mix missiles Move func and Hit func basing on two different skills? For example is i want 2 creat auto-targeting frozen orb type missile, can their movement function be mixed with hit function all together? If so, how than I'm supposed 2 achieve it?

Burn
South Africa

Post by Burn » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:36 am

How can I cast character's morph using a specific skill awhilst?

Burn
South Africa

Post by Burn » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:44 am

I gotta question -

Can anyone provides me with any hint of how shall I dealabout the Diablo 2: LoD changing token colour palette? Thank you in advance!

:sonyfan:

Return to “General Mod Making”