Skill change with item

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Specktro
Brazil

Skill change with item

Post by Specktro » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:25 pm

Hi guys!

Well, the tittle says everything...

I'd like to know if is it possible to change skill element/graphic/dmg/whatever with specific gear equiped...
I.E:
My Druid has Tornado skill, that is magic or cold dmg (can't remember now)... and I want to equip him with a Fire Totem as shield and now his Tornado is stronger, is fire dmg and the missile is a fire tornado...
Like changing stuff on skill without changing the skill itself...
I mean, I know we have Trang Oul set that gives sorc skill to necro, but in this case it uses oskill to use another skills out of its tree, and my doubt is if this change can be made, like in my exemple, using the same Tornado skill Druids already uses...

My english is not so good but I think I made myself clear... :lol:
Be Xtreme!

hellfreezer

Re: Skill change with item

Post by hellfreezer » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:43 pm

I'm not an expert on skills but the only thing I can think of and maybe someone can chime in, is to create a new dummy skill for your totem and add a synergy to tornado for this new skill and make the synergy add what you want. Can anyone say if this is a viable answer?

If this works, I don't think the animation of the skill could be changed in this way.

k0r3l1k
Angel
United States of America

Post by k0r3l1k » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:52 pm

Well, you can't do what you want. You can however, have the totem give a skill "Fire Tornado" which is what you describe above, and have all of its power determined by the level of Druid's tornado skill. This accomplishes the goal albeit in a less "clean" manner.

Hope that helps.

Specktro
Brazil

Post by Specktro » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:02 pm

k0r3l1k wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:52 pm
Well, you can't do what you want. You can however, have the totem give a skill "Fire Tornado" which is what you describe above, and have all of its power determined by the level of Druid's tornado skill. This accomplishes the goal albeit in a less "clean" manner.

Hope that helps.
Yeah thats what I have done... So I was in the (maybe) only way to do it...
Be Xtreme!

Return to “General Mod Making”