Chance to cast Frenzy?

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

Jaygore
Paladin

Chance to cast Frenzy?

Post by Jaygore » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:46 am

Hey all. Was wondering if there was anyway to make Frenzy a skill you can cast on chance on items? So far it seems like you cant so was hoping there was a specific function I could edit to make it so!

Thanks!

Jaygore
Paladin

Re: Chance to cast Frenzy?

Post by Jaygore » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:35 am

A year later and...bump :)

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:34 pm

This is speaking entirely theoretically (meaning I haven't tested it directly, although I've messed around with progressively building states enough to have a pretty good idea), but I'm pretty sure you can simulate Frenzy behavior with most any self-buff function. Note that I'm assuming by Frenzy you mean the building-up speed part of it, and not the attack part.

(1) Make a skill with srvdofunc=18
(2) Give it the same stats as Frenzy
(3) Give it an additional new stat that you won't get anywhere else that is equal to itself + 1. So for example, if you use the stat unused183, then the calc should be: min(stat('unused183'.accr)+1,lvl)
(4) Make it so the stats in (2) scale with the value of (3)

The general idea of this technique also works works well in other instances, such as making a progressively increasing debuff against enemies, or giving enemies a "rage timer" that makes them get rapidly, progressively stronger over time.

Jaygore
Paladin

Post by Jaygore » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:59 am

Thanks for responding! I actually managed to figure it out :)
Cypress wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:34 pm
This is speaking entirely theoretically (meaning I haven't tested it directly, although I've messed around with progressively building states enough to have a pretty good idea), but I'm pretty sure you can simulate Frenzy behavior with most any self-buff function. Note that I'm assuming by Frenzy you mean the building-up speed part of it, and not the attack part.

(1) Make a skill with srvdofunc=18
(2) Give it the same stats as Frenzy
(3) Give it an additional new stat that you won't get anywhere else that is equal to itself + 1. So for example, if you use the stat unused183, then the calc should be: min(stat('unused183'.accr)+1,lvl)
(4) Make it so the stats in (2) scale with the value of (3)

The general idea of this technique also works works well in other instances, such as making a progressively increasing debuff against enemies, or giving enemies a "rage timer" that makes them get rapidly, progressively stronger over time.

Return to “General Mod Making”