Rakanishus Portal Crashes Game

Post here about all aspects of D2 mod making whether it's information, problems or whatever. Please specify whether your post is relating to Classic D2 or the Expansion.

Moderator: Nizari

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Rakanishus Portal Crashes Game

Post by tmuhlhausen » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:50 am

EDIT: Ive done more research. i have no idea about how things work when it comes to coding, ive spent hours trying to understand hard coding in order to try and fix this. When that portal opens it seems to be doing some sort of check. my question is is this happening because i am using 1.14D and if anybody at all has any information whatsoever it would be very helpful thanks

Im just looking for a little information. ive done abosolutely nothing that would effect Rak's Portal besides adding new levels that all work properly. Im thinking its just a 1.14D Issue. Tried searching but theres no info on this topic.

Here is a video of what i meen, i am able to access every level i create with no problem... Raks portal crashes the game when getting close to it. To me it makes absolutely no sense

After non stop installing reinstalling multiple versions of D2 trying to find where this issue oringinated. i finally came to the conclusion i can just remove the Cairn Stones as long as the pandemonium portal works and all my levels it really doesnt matter... In case anyone needs a quick solution to this problem, and they dont mind removing access to tristram through the cairn stones.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Re: Rakanishus Portal Crashes Game

Post by devurandom » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:22 am

a simple test.. If you've made map changes to tristram map, try swapping out the new map with the original and see if that changes anything.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:47 am

devurandom wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:22 am
a simple test.. If you've made map changes to tristram map, try swapping out the new map with the original and see if that changes anything.
I have run hundreds of tests also, the game has been reinstalled over 50 times in this process with different versions between 1.13 - 1.14d

Solved, It seems While Using A Basic 1.14D Setup with Basemod was fine. after adding any more levels though.. The game would crash when being near raks portal It may be the way i am adding the levels, anyways I ripped everything apart tested for days. Came up with an alternative solution where all my levels work as well.

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by devurandom » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:00 am

post an error log in 1.13
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

lovebaal520

Post by lovebaal520 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:32 am

tmuhlhausen wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:50 am
EDIT: Ive done more research. i have no idea about how things work when it comes to coding, ive spent hours trying to understand hard coding in order to try and fix this. When that portal opens it seems to be doing some sort of check. my question is is this happening because i am using 1.14D and if anybody at all has any information whatsoever it would be very helpful thanks

Im just looking for a little information. ive done abosolutely nothing that would effect Rak's Portal besides adding new levels that all work properly. Im thinking its just a 1.14D Issue. Tried searching but theres no info on this topic.

Here is a video of what i meen, i am able to access every level i create with no problem... Raks portal crashes the game when getting close to it. To me it makes absolutely no sense

After non stop installing reinstalling multiple versions of D2 trying to find where this issue oringinated. i finally came to the conclusion i can just remove the Cairn Stones as long as the pandemonium portal works and all my levels it really doesnt matter... In case anyone needs a quick solution to this problem, and they dont mind removing access to tristram through the cairn stones.
Could you send me your dll

tmuhlhausen
Paladin
Canada

Post by tmuhlhausen » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:49 am

What i said above... it is very easy to implement and as far as i can tell will not result in crashes but i will have to do more testing to make sure and will update this thread. You still have to use extended levels for this to work though.

Return to “General Mod Making”